We have an exciting opportunity for Financial Operations (FinOps) Analyst to join the DTS Governance and Continuous Improvement function. You will work on improving cost analysis, tracking and reporting cost incurred by users, teams, business units and business services by pioneering cutting edge cloud technologies. It involves working in a cross-functional capacity with Service Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams in both Azure and AWS to deliver effective cost management services across the cloud estate. Utilise advanced understanding of customer usage profiles and platform cost to enable transparent cost reporting and real-time cost modelling and use this information to accurately report cost of services. Educate and advise on investment or cost reduction recommendations, as well as showcase and recharge to relevant cost centres.
Package: Competitive base salary, plus annual bonus, pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday
What kind of activities will you be doing?
- Develop a cloud cost management service
- Establish a central repository that gathers key financial data from available systems and vendor bills across all layers of cloud costs
- Leverage resources to identify cost optimisation opportunities
- Engage with stakeholders across engineering teams to capture cost optimisation opportunities
- Analyse datasets to produce meaningful information on trending, cost apportionment and predictive cost trends
- Build reporting and self-service capability of cost reporting by Business Services, Business Units, project teams, etc to enable true cost reporting of actuals as key MI data
- Perform cost showback and recharging activities across relevant cost centres
- Working as part of a team of likeminded engineers to develop systems and software that help financial transparency and true cost reporting, enabling efficient technical solutions and DTS investment decisions
- Continuously sharing knowledge and educating others on responsible FinOps practices
- Evangelising Cloud, DevOps and FinOps best practices by openly and honestly showcasing cost conscious technical solutions, reporting techniques and methods in search of simple, elegant and cost-effective business solutions
- Ensuring the feedback cycle is employed at all levels of the role
- Support usage of DTS cost model
To be great in this role, you will need:
- Exceptional analytical capabilities with a good understanding of available toolsets and resources relevant to the management of cost across the cloud estates
- Deep understanding of FinOps principles
- Strong financial, accounting and cost modelling skills
- Ability to engage, build and sustain stakeholder relationships and influence decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms and clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical staff
- Able to coordinate virtual teams and hold peers to agreed standards of delivery and performance
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Working experience in one or more FinOps tools CloudHealth, Cloudability, AWS Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Management etc. (desirable).