About the opportunity
We are looking for a detail-oriented and data-obsessed Cloud Economics and FinOps leader to join our rapidly growing Global Cloud organization. This person will play a pivotal role by partnering with our Product & Technology (P&T) and Finance teams to help scale our cloud infrastructure responsibly across all the regions and products we support. Our ideal candidate will have deep experience delivering cloud economics at scale paired with a passion for data analysis and collaboration. They will enjoy exploring new technologies and partnering with team members across the organization to find creative solutions for challenging problems.
What you’ll get to do
- Accountable for cloud financial management and reporting across our global cloud portfolio.
- Bring financial accountability, visibility and transparency to variable spend models for cloud modelling. Lead the creation of cost optimization models.
- Collaborate with cloud and engineering teams to identify and prioritize optimization activities to ensure we are making the most out of our investments.
- Implement cost dashboards and alerting (performance, usage, compliance, etc.) through retrieval of data and modelling.
- Collaborate with cloud providers on the delivery of increased capacity, contract negotiations, new products, and capabilities.
- Create engineering awareness and drive cultural change to make significant cost and efficiency improvements across the P&T organization.
- Communicate your findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to key stakeholders and leadership.
What’s in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and Experience we value
- Fluent understanding of cloud economics across both public and private cloud infrastructures including savings/discount plans, committed use discounts, reserved instances, chargeback/show back, and spend control.
- 7+ years working within a global SaaS environment designing and deploying both private and public cloud infrastructure at scale.
- 5+ years of experience in a Cloud FinOps as both a people leader and individual contributor.
- Deep analytical skill and a passion for gathering information from various sources; analyzing and presenting your recommendations to leadership to drive significant cost and process improvements.
- Experience using tools such as CloudHealth, Cloudability, AWS Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Management, Redshift, Athena, Quicksight, Tableau, and PowerBI.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute against competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to lead discussions about complex solution design tradeoffs and drive conflict resolution.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality. Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth, and rapidly changing environment.
- Certifications from AWS, Azure, or GCP are a bonus.
- ‘East/West’ leadership. Able to build and grow cross-functional relationships and influence without authority.
- Extremely responsive and organized. Keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to work well interpersonally across different teams and disciplines at various levels including executives.
- Ability to present ideas to various audiences in user-friendly terms.