Senior Cloud FinOps Specialist Consultant
180-210k Package + Excellent Benefits
Melbourne, Canberra, or Sydney
Our highly regarded client is an Australian-based cloud consultancy focused on large commercial and public sector organisations. Through leveraging proven methodologies, they deliver hyperscale cloud technologies in a vendor-agnostic environment. This highly collaborative company has an immediate opening in Melbourne, Canberra, or Sydney for an experienced Senior Cloud FinOps Specialist Consultant.
As a Senior Cloud FinOps Specialist Consultant, you will:
- Help customers to define their strategy and operating model for cloud financial/cost management based on best practices/frameworks, namely FinOps (but also others, such as TBM)
- Implement FinOps functions/practices for customers, including but not limited to, cloud billing/invoice management, cloud cost chargeback/showback, cloud forecasting/utilization tracking, and cloud cost optimisation
- Implement or enhance cloud financial management tooling, including COTS products (e.g. Apptio Cloudability, VMware CloudHealth, CloudCheckr) and native tooling options (e.g. AWS Cost Explorer/Trusted Advisor, Azure Cost Management)
- Support in commercial negotiations with public cloud providers
- Work with various client stakeholders
- Continuously seek new value-add opportunities for customers
- Demonstrate valuable leadership on a variety of initiatives and projects
- Coach and mentor others on best practices
- Proactively identify blockers in realizing value from cloud and lead the development of relevant solutions
- Create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices, and IP
- Publish and present solutions in large forums, and across various media platforms
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following skills, traits, and experience:
- 5-7+ Years of demonstrated public cloud knowledge and experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Expertise with public cloud financial components/concepts, including but not limited to, cost & usage reports (CUR), reserved instances (RIs), savings plans, committed use discounts (CUDs), enterprise discount programs (EDPs), spot pricing, etc.
- Establishing and/or operating cloud cost optimisation initiatives focusing on key levers such as rightsizing, power scheduling, alternate cloud purchasing methods (RIs, savings plans, spot), decommissioning unused resources/services, etc.
- Cloud chargeback and/or showback for business units/projects
- Interrogating cloud billing/cost & usage data to create key cost insights and reports/dashboards using Microsoft Excel or business intelligence/data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Amazon Quicksight, Splunk, or Tableau
- Strong financial/data analysis and reporting skills
- Stakeholder management
- Quality assurance
The successful Senior Cloud FinOps Specialist Consultant can expect:
- A generous package
- Flexible working
- World-class wellness programs
- Professional development and learning opportunities
- A flat and collaborative team culture
Certus Recruitment Australia is a specialist provider of sales, marketing, and IT recruitment services to the business community. Part of the Certus Recruitment Group, we operate throughout Australia, the UK, Europe, and North America.