The position is responsible for providing finance business partnering and commercial decision support to the Asset Digitisation team within Brambles Digital function.
This will require partnering with the Asset Digitisation leadership and their teams in addition to the regional finance teams to ensure a robust financial environment and reporting for Asset Digitisation projects, financial planning, budgeting, reporting & investment business cases.
The position is also responsible for oversight, reporting & analysis across the portfolio of Digital Transformation initiatives, partnering with Digital PMO to support Brambles TO.
Global group wide – Asset Digitisation big rock & initiatives worldwide across Brambles.
- Provision of effective business partnering through pro-active insightful financial guidance, at both an operational and strategic level.
- Quality, accuracy and timeliness of strategic decision support for Asset Digitisation big rock.
- Precision of insights and commentary on the financial results and performance within Asset Digitisation.
- Successful buy-in from Regions for Asset Digitisation initiatives, net benefits embedded in Regional P&L plans.
- Forecast / budget OPEX and CAPEX spend accuracy for Asset Digitisation big rock.
- Tracking accuracy of Asset Digitisation initiatives.
- Reporting accuracy across portfolio of Digital transformation initiatives.
- The effectiveness of operational and financial risk management initiatives.
- Principal Business Partner and trusted advisor to the Digital Asset Digitisation big rock.
- Leads the short- & medium-term planning cycles for Asset Digitisation big rock – forecasting, budgeting & strategic plan processes.
- Provides insightful understanding, analysis & commentary on the financial results and performance of the function.
- Provides strategic and operational guidance and appropriate professional challenge in guiding the creation of Asset Digitisation business cases.
- Proactively supports BUP initiatives and actions to drive performance to achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Understanding risks and opportunities embedded in the plans and in the operating environment through analysis of market, competitive & operating conditions.
- Proactive engagement with regional finance teams to drive understanding of and achieve financial handshake for Asset Digitisation initiatives driving delivery of value in regions.
- Provision of insightful analysis and reporting across Digital transformation initiative portfolio, including advising and supporting on definition and monitoring of relevant metrics/OKRs/KPIs.
Challenges/ Problem Solving
- Ability to work across different time zones and cultures both within Asset Digitisation big rock, the wider Digital team, the Corporate Finance team and across the regional business units.
- Professional curiosity and an ability to bring clarity and reasoned conclusions to complex or ambiguous situations, contributing to resolution of issues as they arise.
- Navigating the complexity of working in a matrix structure.
Authority/ Decision Making
Authorisation of spend for agreed initiatives & projects in line with approved Business Case within corporate DOA limits.
- Director of Finance – Brambles Digital (line manager)
- CDO, Digital Leadership team & Asset Digitisation leadership team.
- BXBD President & Leadership team
- Transformation Office, Program Leads and PMO team
- Business Unit CFOs and regional finance teams
- CoE – Corporate reporting, Internal audit, Tax, Treasury and Finance systems teams
- External auditors
- External consultants
- Master’s Degree preferred; Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or in a relevant business or technical discipline.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, CPA, CA).
- 5+ years post-qualification experience in Financial management/business partnering roles, preferably in complex multinational businesses.
- Demonstrable experience of FP&A processes.
- Proven experience in driving change management initiatives.
- Proven experience in evaluating business cases and driving investment decisions.
- Experience of working with and effectively business partnering senior business leaders.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate complex financial situations clearly to non-finance colleagues.
- Ability to partner with colleagues across multiple departments and geographic locations.
- Solid understanding of complex Finance, Accounting and Tax principles.
- Advanced user of Microsoft applications – Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in SAP preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Cloud FINOPs preferred.
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed, organised; able to meet multiple finite deadlines and balance competing priorities.
- Consistent behaviour even under strong pressure.
Preferred Level of Work Experience
5 – 7 years