What You’ll Be Doing
As a Senior Consultant – Billing & Service Analytics, you will be supporting the financial and contractual governance of our outsourced technology and cloud infrastructure services. You will use a variety of tools and processes to establish and implement a robust FinOps practice to achieve effective cloud cost management, using meaningful analytics from both structured and unstructured data. These outputs will be used to provide effective decision support guidance for our internal partners and senior executives.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview
How You’ll Succeed
- Financial Management Expertise – Must have prior work experience with core financial management and accounting activities such as planning, forecasting, accruals, and financial variance reporting.
- FinOps & Cloud Cost management – Must have prior experience managing Public cloud infrastructure spending and cost optimization practices.
- Information Technology Outsourcing and Public Cloud – Must have previous experience with, and a working understanding of outsourced information technology and public cloud infrastructure.
- Data Engineering and Data Science – Must have an awareness of current tools and methods used to support data engineering and data science analytics to provide insight and decision support for Senior Executives and management within CIBC.
- Creative Problem Solving – Demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity, understand business context quickly and connect the dots. Must be comfortable operating at a strategic level and also driving into detail as needed, and back. Continuous improvement is part of your DNA.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: Cloud computing, FinOps Operating Model, Vendor Governance. Bachelors Degree in Finance, business or technology with excellent MS Excel skills. Exposure to Azure cloud is a must. Have the ability to multi-task and make sound judgments in a fast-paced environment. You are focused, organized, and have the ability to effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexity in a complex operational environment while under time constraints.
- Analytical & Tech Savvy. You have a high level understanding of various technologies. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do and have a curiosity to learn best practices and bring to CIBC to improve. Understand business requirements and translate them into a solution.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you’re empowered to take the lead
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work, and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-81 Bay, 32nd Floor
Azure Cloud Services, Cloud Computing, FinOps Operating Model