About The Team & Business Line
We are looking for a driven individual with a demonstrated experience developing and maturing Cloud FinOps capabilities. Ideal candidate will need strong analytics, cross-team collobration and multi-tasking skills that can execute and deliver quickly. This position will become a trusted liasion between engineering and Finance, helping Finance quatify the cost impacts of cloud operations decissions and helping IT implement cost management best practices.This position will report to the Senior Vice President of IT Governance and will be based in Ireland.
- Drive Cloud cost optimization efforts by collaborating with Finance and IT teams across the enterprise and develop and maintain KPIs, scorecards, and standard metrics.
- Drive a cohesive strategy that will focus on wastage reduction while improving spend reporting, governance, and driving process improvement.
- Identify and work with finance to implement cost saving opportunities offered by purchase of RI’s & Savings plans across various Cloud providers.
- Provide Just-in-time reporting of untagged resources, cost spikes, cost anomalies and budget over-runs.
- Perform thorough analysis of underutilized instances, analyse potential wastage and draft actions plans for technical teams to reduce the wastage.
- Analysis, reporting of Orphaned, oversized resources, and reporting on rightsizing opportunities.
- Create metrics, reports, and recommended remediation options and plans for financial excellence in the cloud.
- Provide cloud cost updates to senior technology and business leaders.
- Your deep knowledge of public cloud services, including their cost structure and technical use cases, will pair with your abilities to help our user community strike the best mix of cost, quality, and performance.
- Engage regularly with Team Leaders, IT Managers and Executive management as a primary point of contact for all Cloud Financial related tasks and information.
- Participate in various Governance and Architectural discussions to assist product teams make the most cost-efficient choices as related to Cloud Services.
- Collaborate with our Cloud Governance Committee to ensure appropriate Cloud policies and strategies are deployed and maintained at scale to manage costs.
- Advise internal users on tagging, metadata, policy compliance, while raising the bar on the company’s overall cloud maturity.
- You will engage with Development, Architecture, Security and other key members of our global technology domains, as well as Finance/Procurement team members.
- Agree schedule, scope, resourcing requirements for governance projects and deliver to these;
- Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery and administer metrics tracking and other duties on behalf of the team.
- Act as a strong FinOps ambassador for governance within IT and Citco.
- Provide training as needed on FinOps standards, processes, and best practices.
- 14+ years of professional experience in the field of Data Analytics, Technology Operations, Cloud Infrastructure, Software Engineering/Development, etc.
- Experience in building out a FinOps subject area.
- The candidate will have minimum 2+ years of FinOps experience or a cloud engineering background with a demonstrated technical understanding of public cloud products and services balanced with strong analytical, collaborative, and communication skills.
- 2+ years of analysing, forecasting, and reporting cloud spend (cash flow & amortized).
- Demonstrated experience in public cloud knowledge (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Deep passion for cloud technology and ability to articulate the cloud value proposition in both technical and financial aspects.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both technical and non-technical contexts.
- Significant experience with cost optimization techniques.
- Deep cost management knowledge including but not limited to chargeback modelling, cost savings & avoidance tracking, trending & variance analysis and forecasting.
- Practical knowledge of native cloud provider cost management capabilities and pricing models.
- Experience in cost anomaly detection, rightsizing, tagging and storage lifecycle policies, and automation.
- Analytical skills to collect coordinate and present sophisticated data to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in developing KPI’s and scorecards based on internal and industry benchmarks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of private and public cloud provider billing methods and concepts.
- The candidate will be a team player and a self-starter with agile learning abilities and a bias to doing the right thing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT related discipline or any combination of equivalent relevant education, training and experience.
- Proficiency using cloud-native cloud cost reporting products and tools like AWS cost explorer or Azure Cost management and Billing.
- Certification in AWS/Azure.
- Working knowledge of financial activities and accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective collaboration with business and technical leaders, teams, and squads.
Our BenefitsYour well-being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.