About Citi:Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do from keeping the bank safe, managing global resources, and providing the technical tools our workers need to be successful to designing our digital architecture and ensuring our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. We reimagine client and partner experiences to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and efficient services.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
Citi’s Operations & Technology organization (O&T) is driving an innovative Cloud First strategy that works to optimize the IT environment, reduce complexity, and implement high degrees of automation to enable more agile application delivery. We aim to give Citi businesses a competitive edge by leveraging cloud scale architectures and enabling new infrastructure economics. EIO&T operates as a technology company focused on implementing scalable and innovative next gen technology solutions that will shape the future of global banking.
The Cloud Financial Director will design and define the engineering processes and best practices to enable public cloud cost transparency and cost optimization, implement preventative and detective cost controls, manage and support an engineering team and develop junior engineers technically and professionally, and act as overall owner of public cloud financials across the firm.
- Voicing support for cloud cost management across many levels within the organization from executive leadership to individuals and teams. Promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness
- Delivering the tooling and capabilities needed to enable our cloud financial management roadmap.
- Operationalizing cloud provider discount commitments (like Reserved Instances and Savings Plans) with the vital governance, processes and tooling
- Establishing cloud optimization business process frameworks in support of our globally distributed teams
- Lead, develop and advance the Public Cloud FinOps practice, including cost visibility for all Cloud tenants, recommendations and optimization across Cloud Providers and SaaS in the Public Cloud
- Influence senior stakeholders in Product, Engineering, and Sales, optimizing across the priorities of each organization, and partner with Product and Sales teams to evaluate the capacity requirements for new deals, new products/features, and geo-expansion, and provide a clear view of availability/timeline
- Lead projects to automate and scale reporting on key capacity metrics, supply chain performance, and growth drivers and make recommendations to match compute supply with demand
- Evangelizing cloud cost management across many levels within the organization from executive leadership to individuals and teams. Help promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness
- Partnering with our finance team to create budgets and forecast models around public cloud usage and spend
- Provide coaching and guidance to develop and grow analysts and foster an inclusive and collaborative team culture
- Public cloud experience (AWS preferred)
- Proven experience in Cloud Cost Management with knowledge in tools such as Cloudability, Spot.io, Densify, reserved.ai, etc.
- Knowledge of Public Cloud offerings and consumption models
- Hands-on experience as a FinOps practitioner
- A data-driven mindset, you believe the best decisions are made when they are backed by data
- Effective communicator with ability to drive consensus among stakeholders
- Experience with 3rd party cloud cost optimization tools (CloudHealth, Cloudability, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS services, architectures, and tools (preferred)
- Experience with AWS billing and cost management tools and processes (preferred)
- Hands on experience developing and engineering software and consumer facing applications
- Recent experience leading or building an engineering team within an Agile environment
- Proven experience in cloud strategy to include scope, purpose, business case/value, financial analysis, integration with other key programs
- Hands-on experience in building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based architectures
- Strong experience developing modern cloud architectures, working with container platforms, with a special focus on scalability, security and resilience
- Experience with modern SDLC tools, branching strategies, and ability to develop and enforce CI/CD practices
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with new / existing talent
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to provide orientation and training to enable individuals to understand and potentially perform roles
- Experience with modern tools such as Atlassian (Jira, Confluence)
- Expertise in multiple version control systems (Git, GitHub, Subversion) and Cloud Foundry development
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Ability to develop custom tool integrations
- Ability to write consistent and published APIs
- Experience with software delivery life cycle (development, configuration, testing, deployment), following Agile methodology
- Strong knowledge of service management lifecycle from development to retirement
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Other advanced degree preferred, but not required
Job Family Group:
Systems & Engineering——————————————————
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting