We are currently looking for an experienced cloud economist with demonstrated experience building and maturing Cloud FinOps capabilities to join our growing global Cloud Enablement team in Barcelona. This is an exciting opportunity to build and scale our Cloud FinOps practice to help our product engineering teams leverage cloud technologies to unlock the business value of cloud.
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams
- Analytical thinking and skills to collect, analyse, and present sophisticated data to a variety of audiences
- Obsession with cloud technology and ability to articulate the cloud value proposition in both technical and commercial views
- Considerable technical experience with cost optimisation techniques
- Experience in building out a FinOps subject area to drive accountability for cloud usage & spend
- Practical knowledge of cloud provider cost management capabilities, pricing models, rightsizing approaches, tagging, storage lifecycle policies, and automation
- Experience with third party cloud cost management tools or knowledge of common Business Intelligence platforms
What will you be doing in this role?
- Lead a team of FinOps Engineers to help the business understand the variable cloud spend and to bring financial accountability to teams
- Engage regularly with Technology Leaders as their primary cloud financial point of contact
- Create metrics, reports, tools, and recommendations for financial excellence in the cloud
- Implement FinOps practices: cloud billing management, cloud cost chargeback/showback, tagging for cost attribution, cloud forecasting & utilization tracking, and cloud cost optimisation
- Drive cloud cost efficiency efforts by collaborating with Finance and Engineering teams across the enterprise
- Work closely with Finance and Engineering on budgets, forecasts, showbacks, and chargebacks
About the Team
Our overarching mission is to enable every technologist to more effectively leverage the benefits of the public cloud to build amazing products for our customers and internal services for our colleagues. We are the trusted stewards that oversee public cloud adoption, guide teams towards best practices, and ensuring compliance and financial discipline. In addition to these responsibilities, we run a digital assembly line to allow teams to collaborate effectively and continuously deliver working software into the hands of our customers.
Hours of Work
Flexible working hours
What we can offer you:
- A start up culture/working environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a publicly traded company.
- An opportunity to have a real impact on the global Life Sciences industry.
- 30 working days of vacation
- Volunteering community, with 40 paid hours of volunteering time
- Private Health and Life & Disability insurances.
- Tax-free benefits (Ticket Restaurant scheme, kindergarten and transport cards)
- Agile work environment with a team of talented colleagues
- On-site language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English)
- Digital workplace with possibility to work in a central office location in Barcelona with global and dynamic employees.
At Clarivate, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons with respect to hiring, compensation, promotion, training, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. We comply with applicable laws and regulations governing non-discrimination in all locations.