You will play a key role in analysing and managing Cloud spend for customers businesses, using data to identify areas of focus, driving change at an engineering level, and advising senior managers on FinOps strategies.
As part of a highly skilled team, you will be focused on cost optimization, recommendations, and solutions to solve specific business problems such as building bespoke reporting solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in an emerging and exciting space within the industry and take a leading position as a FinOps SME in a forward-thinking and ambitious company with brilliant career progression pathways, training, and certification.
Role Key Objectives
- Carry out the onboarding of new customers, guiding them through the process and with the use of scheduled demo sessions help them understand the toolsets.
- Help your customers understand the opportunities for optimisation and their cost saving abilities
- Solve a variety of customer requests from billing to account structure and cost optimisation
- Build and maintain relationships with your customers and internal stakeholders.
- Build relationships with 3rd party suppliers and look for new toolset additions that can be included in our service offerings.
- Define your customer’s cloud strategy, align with their budget, strategize a cost saving plan, analyse ability and put into action.
- Build and maintain internal and external facing technical documentation.
- Assist with the FinOps related areas of customer reporting
- Mentorship of other team members.
- Experience in cost optimisation and saving implementations on cloud projects.
- Passionate and comfortable handling FinOps discussions at the technical, business or financial level.
- Time and task management with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous requests
- Adaptable and flexible with workloads and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills /collaboration skills – to ensure progress is made
- Good written documentation and communication skills
- Foundational Cloud services knowledge
- Possess a proactive and driven approach to work
- Keen eye for detail
- AWS Certification (Cloud Practitioner)
- Financial Qualification/FinOps Certification.
- Excel skills/ASANA
- Knowledge of CloudHealth, CloudCheckr cost optimization tools