Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: Work is what you do, not where you go. For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a detail-oriented and data-obsessed Cloud Economics and FinOps leader to join our rapidly growing Global Cloud team. This person will be a member of the Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) and play a pivotal role, partnering with our product & technology teams and finance teams, to help us scale our cloud infrastructure responsibly across all the regions and products we support. The right candidate for this role will have deep experience delivering cloud economics at scale paired with a passion for data analysis and collaboration. They will enjoy exploring new technologies and partnering with team members across the organization to find creative solutions for challenging problems.
What you’ll get to do
- Accountable for cloud financial management and reporting for our cloud portfolio
- Create engineering awareness and drive behavior change to make significant cost and efficiency improvements across the organization
- Develop a deep understanding of our product functionality, the cloud architecture that supports it, and budgets associated
- Collaborate with DevOps and engineering teams to identify and prioritize optimization activities to ensure we are making the most out of our investments
- Communicate your findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to key stakeholders and leadership
- Collaborate with Vendors & Cloud providers (AWS or Azure) on the delivery of increased capacity, contract negotiations, new products, and capabilities
- Bring financial accountability, visibility and transparency to variable spend models for cloud modelling.
- Participate in the creation of cost optimization models
- Implement cost dashboards and alerting (performance, usage, compliance, etc.) through retrieval of data and modelling.
- Ongoing review of cloud estate, establishing KPI’s and metrics to drive accountability and efficiency.
What’s in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and Experience we value
- University degree or/equivalent and 10 years related work experience, required
- 5+ years of experience designing and deploying cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS or Azure)
- 5+ years of experience in a FinOps or similar role
- Experience using tools such as CloudHealth, Cloudability, AWS Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Management, Redshift, Athena, Quicksight, Tableau, and PowerBI
- Good understanding on Savings/Discount plans, Committed Use Discounts, Reserved Instances, chargeback reporting, show back, and spend control
- Deep analytical skills: a passion for gathering information from various sources, analyzing and presenting your recommendations to leadership to drive significant cost and process improvements
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute on competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead discussions about complex solution design tradeoffs and drive conflict resolution.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technologies.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth, and rapidly changing environment.
- Certifications from AWS or Azure are a bonus.