As a Cloud Economics Consultant at Capgemini Invent you will be part of our Cloud Advisory capability within the wider Business Technology capability unit. Our cloud advisory capability aims to inspire, lead and support organisations on their journey of adopting cloud for creating business and revenue models, generating growth, ensuring regulatory compliance and reducing their carbon footprint.
You will focus on advising our clients in the strategy and implementing of cloud economics and value realisation frameworks, processes and solutions that will optimise their cloud consumption while maximising their value realisation.
You will be required to work and communicate with all levels of an organisation to collaboratively innovate, design and implement new cloud economics models. You’ll bring an acute sense of market trends and the challenges facing our clients, to deliver lasting and sustainable organisation transformations.
Key expectations from this role include:
• As a Consultant: lead a stream of work and produce high quality deliverables, providing key input to shape the strategic direction and support the design of propositions.
• As a Senior Consultant: design and lead projects / multiple streams taking ownership for elements of the proposition.
You’ll bring experience in transforming business through technology and transforming the way clients operate. Comfortable at working in a technology-driven environment, you will bring proven skills and experience in the following:
• Experience of working on FinOps projects and initiatives
• Setup and definition of Cloud FinOps CoEs and governance models for large or mid-sized organisations
• Experience of working with IT procurement teams
• Experience of working with one or more cloud vendors including AWS, Azure and GCP.
• Good understanding of billing and metering for cloud platforms and TCO analysis based on usage
• Good understanding of cloud cost optimisation techniques across storage, data transfer, compute, database and monitoring.
• Good understanding of cloud contracting models, commitment models and licensing models
• Good understanding of cloud strategies, Dev-Sec-Ops and cloud-based operations
• Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation, and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions.
• Experience of proposition building and delivery.
• Cloud practitioner certified
• Being comfortable in a client-facing role, with previously consulting or advisory experience.
• Hands-on working experience in one or more FinOps and TBM tools like Cloudability, CloudCheckr, Cloudhealth, AWS Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Management etc. (desirable)
• FinOps certified (desirable)
Capgemini Invent offers a cultural environment for consultants to learn, to take ownership and contribute to business growth
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for a 9th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
To request a modification to this listing please email email@example.com