Cloud Efficiency Consulting (CEC) Cloud Engineer
Published: 16th February 2023
Closing Date: 15th March 2023
Adobe is seeking a hands-on cloud engineering consultant to join our Cloud Efficiency Consulting (CEC) Team. You will be responsible for executing Adobe’s strategic Cloud Efficiency objectives and deliver value back to the business. CEC is a specialized services organization which identifies efficiency opportunities and supports product teams to implement and realize the benefit. We deploy teams for short-term engagements focused on modernizing our cloud infrastructure to generate efficiencies and savings. You are responsible for engagement delivery and continuous development of our offering.
What you’ll do
- Learn a broad range of public cloud services and help our product teams develop scalable, efficient applications to improve product experiences
- Build, improve, and secure our multi-cloud, multi-tenant environments to be performant and cost efficient
- Design environments at scale with reliability, performance, availability, and security as a priority
- Find opportunities to enhance and simplify processes where possible
- Actively support projects to ensure on time delivery
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure delivery does not impact product roadmap
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of professional cloud engineering experience
- Excellent understanding of DevOps practices and the Cloud Tech stack
- Extensive experience with public cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working with high-availability, distributed systems and services in a hosting environment including hardware, OS, storage, network, and database solutions
- Experience in the development and rollout of technical operations processes and new services
- Experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols
- Experience with system analysis and troubleshooting in large-scale Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with database technology, both relational and NoSQL
- Knowledge of configuration management systems
- Experience in modern cloud-based, SaaS delivery technologies: (Jenkins, Git, Atlassian Jira and Confluence, Linux, DNS, containers, log analysis, monitoring, Java, Apache, Ngnix, Tomcat, Memcahced, Qpid, MySQL, etc…)
- Programming skills (Go, Python, Java, Ruby, etc…)
- Familiarity with Prometheus, Grafana, NewRelic, and Splunk
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures, and business plans with limited guidance.
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The U.S. pay range for this position is $101,500 — $194,300 annually. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
- Company: Adobe
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Senior
- FinOps Certifications Required: None