Cloud Finance Analyst (R5656)
Published: 24th October 2022
Closing Date: 16th December 2022
We are hiring a Cloud Finance Analyst to partner with our Engineering (Product) organization to further build out our Cloud FinOps capabilities and enable our leadership in their decision making related to Cloud related investments in this critical organization.
What You Will Do:
- Track and manage Elastic’s spend with the major Public Cloud providers – AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Assist with development of monthly executive-level summary packages to track and forecast monthly Cloud spend
- Collaborate with our Cloud PM and SRE team to make recommendations on cost savings opportunities, e.g., by making Reserved Instance (RI) purchases
- Provide financial modeling and analytics, and partner with key Engineering stakeholders to manage Cloud spend
- Assist with building long term Cloud financial models that inform our Cloud growth initiatives and enable strategic contract negotiations with the Public Cloud providers
- Partner with other Finance teams (Accounting, A/P, Investor Relations, and Tax) to support month-end close, flux review processes, and financial reporting
What You Bring Along:
- 2+ years of work experience in Finance/Cloud/IT functions
- Fair knowledge of SaaS/Cloud business models
- Highly motivated self-starter with a very strong work ethic who is willing to work both autonomously and as part of a growing team
- Ability to operate at multiple altitudes, prioritize workload across multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to evaluate and tackle complex problems and understand the implications of different business approaches
- Exceptional social skills, able to establish strong rapport and partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with financial modeling and spreadsheets (Excel or Google Sheets)
- Remarkable analytical skills and the ability to distill sophisticated information
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
- Company: Elastic
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None