The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is seeking a Cloud Financial Operations Lead (FINOPS) who will work across the Commonwealth to deliver Cloud infrastructure managed services aligned with business capability delivery, with a focus on providing IT infrastructure at best value, best cost. The FINOPS Lead will work for EOTSS to track and optimize cloud footprints that result in highly reliable, scalable, and cost-effective services. These services enable EOTSS to meet audit requirements, control costs, and mitigate risk to ensure maximum value of infrastructure and supporting services.
The Incumbent must have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). The incumbent must also have experience with vendor supported funding programs such as AWS MAP and Microsoft Azure AMMP.
- Provide cost estimation and monthly billings for Cloud platforms
- Develop ROI/Use Cases with stakeholders and position value and investment planning
- Develop cost recovery (chargeback) capability for cloud usage by program/project
- Advise executive sponsors and stakeholders regarding the design, development, and operation of the billing solution as it pertains to critical business and technical objectives
- Actively develop, implement, and manage a cloud billing roadmap with the leadership team
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for the understanding of the cloud and other billing systems to help shape technical requirements and solutions
- Provide input and tracking of cloud costs to the overall financial budgets, forecasts and actuals
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5 + years of experience working as a technology analyst, solution architect, IT asset analyst, IT infrastructure analyst, etc. at an enterprise level
- 5 + years of experience with cloud integration and/or billing transformation initiatives; with a strong understanding of financial billing and financial drivers related to IT and related services.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with vendor supported funding programs such as AWS MAP and Microsoft Azure AMMP.
- Knowledge of Savings Plans and Reserved Instance procurement and usage.
- Experience with negotiating an Enterprise Discount Programs.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in networks, devices, services modeling, and automation with middleware
- Knowledge in systems integrating with IoT platforms for cloud billing
- Expertise in process optimization/automation
- Experience with full software-development lifecycle – understanding and appreciation of the inception, design, construction, deployment, and management aspects of a solution
- Ability to integrate billing solutions across multiple cloud implementations simultaneously
- Capable of collaborating and working closely with cross-functional teams – IT technical staff, engineers, business and solution architects, financial officers and partners to identify gaps and structure problems affecting billing results
- Demonstrated strong people leadership skills, project management and communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience with common cloud billing processes and operations practices such as product and pricing models, subscriptions, usage, invoicing, bill cycles
- Experience in service-oriented software development / data integration design experience for IoT platforms, integrating with 3rd party cloud billing solutions
- Full Lifecycle Enterprise Resource Planning experience and experience with associated integrations to legacy Billing systems
- Design and development experience in Service Fulfillment, Network/Service Provisioning
- Demonstrated business acumen, with a basic understanding of financial management and accounting practices
Education and Certification(s):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology, or related discipline or equivalent training and experience.
Cloud and/or Cloud Financial Operations certifications
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, Kyyba has a global presence delivering high-quality resources and top-notch recruiting services, enabling businesses to effectively respond to organizational changes and technological advances.
At Kyyba, the overall well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We are proud of our work culture which embodies our core values; incorporating value, passion, excellence, empowerment, and happiness, creates a vibrant and productive atmosphere. We empower our employees with the resources, incentives, and flexibility that they need to support a healthy, balanced, and fulfilling career by providing many valuable benefits and a balanced compensation structure combined with career development.
Kyyba is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kyyba does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Medical, dental, vision
Voluntary life and disability insurance
Optional Pre-paid legal plan
Optional Identity theft plan
Optional Medical and dependent FSA
Opportunity for advancement
Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- An INC 5000 company for 10 years
- Corp! Michigan Economic Bright Spots
- Crain’s Detroit Business Top Staffing Service Companies in Detroit
- TechServe Alliance Excellence Award- IT and Engineering Staffing & Solutions
- Best of MichBusiness winner in HR Wizards & Partnerships
- Metro Detroit Elite Category: Recruitment, Selection & Orientation for 101 Best & Brightest
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Michigan