Cloud FinOps Analyst
Published: 13th June 2022
Closing Date: 13th July 2022
As a Cloud and Hosting Services Analyst for Pearson, you will be helping to collect and analyze data to provide Cloud financial insights critical to our success as a business as it relates to an Infrastructure and Operations organization.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Produce insightful reports for multi-cloud platforms that can be shared with and actioned by Management.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams globally, assimilating requirements, driving results in the form of data insights and building strategic partnerships.
- Support the FinOps team with setting goals/KPIs, retrieving data and modeling
- Partner heavily with our Cloud Governance team to map data process flows, allowing FinOps to gather a single source of data source.
- Analyze and forecast cloud hosting costs.
- Provide cost optimization recommendations.
- Create and maintain month-end and quarter-end reports.
- Use Agile methodology for planning and execution.
- Use tools and technology to make data driven decisions.
- Collecting requirements for targeted automation projects; exploring potential solutions based on fit, up-skilling need, team skillsets, cost, and current and long-term strategies
What Skills You Need:
- Self-starter who can also work with a team to deliver superior customer service
- Knowledge of financial principles and business analytics.
- Ability to work with multiple internal teams to provide the best experience for our customers
- Understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints.
- Ability to analyze and produce meaningful insights from large datasets
- Strong analytical background with an aptitude for understanding technology
- Experience with advanced Excel functions required
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, etc.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with Cloud billing and cost management tools and processes
- Experience in cost management tactics such as enterprise-wide discount programs and commitment plans (Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, Spot, Sustained Use/Committed Use Discounts)
- Experience with 3rd party cloud cost optimization tools (Cloudability)
- Understanding of database and big data management capabilities and constraints (RDBMS, NoSQL, Datalake, etc)
- Experience managing or developing automation with object-oriented programming languages (Java, Python) and understanding of appropriate use
- Experience with the AWS Cloud platform and leveraging appropriate AWS services (e.g. S3, Lambda) as part of development of automated solutions.
- Experience leveraging REST API for extracting and/or posting data
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, data analytics
- +5 years of experience in IT (Business Analytics, Project Management, IT Finance)
- This role is fully Remote
- This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
- Company: Pearson
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Entry-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None