As a Cloud FinOps Engineer, you will work closely with xScion’s customers to understand and address cloud cost spend and environment stability through data analysis, consulting, accurate documentation, and creative problem-solving.
- Solve business problems through innovation, automation, and cloud engineering best practices
- Assist our customers in with their cloud budget, analyzing, and optimizing their cloud spend
- Participate and/or conduct knowledge sharing sessions with your team and/or our business partners
- Presentations to leadership
- Drive optimization through discovery, development, and sharing of cost-saving opportunities e.g., translating financial insights & your cloud knowledge into actionable recommendations
- Work with customer’s financial and technical teams to gather business requirements, identify capability gaps, craft roadmaps, and implement solutions.
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum Skills Required:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Cloud FinOps / Cloud spend optimization
- FinOps Practitioner Certification a plus
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification preferred
- Experience using AWS Cost Explorer and other AWS Cost Management tools
- Experience with cloud economics, AWS services, and AWS pricing models
- Experience in the following:
- AWS Trusted Advisor
- AWS EC2, EKS, RDS, Autoscaler, etc.
- Act as SME in working groups to develop best practices and usage examples
- AWS APIs to extract data from the above tools for additional transformation and analysis
- AWS QuickSight and/or Cloud Intelligence Dashboards
- Microsoft Azure
- SAFe Agile preferred
- Experience with cloud management platforms or cloud billing systems
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages (e.g. Java, Python)
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Provide accounting and payment details of cloud bills
- Prepare monthly slide decks for Cloud Finance/Cost Optimization for all Business Units
- Research and identify cloud cost optimization and opportunities as part of a continuous improvement model.
- Drive optimization through discovery, development, and sharing of cost-saving opportunities e.g., translating financial insights into actionable recommendations
- Produce measurements, reports and recommended improvement plans for financial excellence in the cloud.
- Create custom reports giving personalized recommendations to customers based on budget, best practices, timeline, and goals
- Create cost and usage analyses, trending and forecasting reports, buying strategies, and best practices for cloud adoption
- Stay educated on the latest cost optimization strategies and technologies; gather insights and develop new opinions and strategies around cloud optimization and present solutions to leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets); experience analyzing large datasets
- Jira experience
- US Citizenship required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. xScion takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- We have an amazing culture – We were named ‘Best Places to Work in Virginia for 6 years (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022)
- We are poised for rapid growth – We are on the cutting edge of digital transformation in the industries we serve and are continuously welcoming new clients to the xScion family
- We believe in your continuous development – We invest in our teams’ development, paying for certifications and training to improve skills because we are committed to collectively being the best at what we do.
- We want you to make an impact in whatever you do – Our people have the opportunity to be the big fish in a smaller pond.
- You’ll work with the best – We hire great people. Period.
- And because we truly care about you and our clients – We are run by real people for real people, creating flexibility, balance, respect and fun in the workplace.
- Great Benefits: medical, dental, 401k match, Flexible Spending and more, but we also have unique perks such as 26 days off a year (including your birthday!), company events, games, and many other things that inspire balance and flexibility.
Want to Learn More about xScion?
Check us at out on www.xscion.com or socially at LinkedIn, Twitter and Glassdoor
At xScion, we celebrate diversity in all forms. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.