Digital Hub Kuala Lumpur attracts, grows, and develops passionate people who will meaningfully impact the digital future of BASF. Come join us and be a part of our digitalization journey.Objectives of the PositionIn our Product Family Cloud-Native Computing within Global Digital Services you will take over the role as Cloud FinOps Engineer within the central FinOps team.In your new position as Cloud FinOps Engineer you will focus on developing the BASF FinOps platform to provide insights for cloud cost management and work closely with DevOps teams and BASF internal business partners to create transparency in private and public cloud consumption, cost allocation and optimization potentials.
- Development of the BASF FinOps platform enabling internal teams to perform FinOps analytics to enhance decision making processes and improve products and services around business cases, budgets, spend, cost savings and more.
- You will bring together finance, cloud engineering, cloud platform and DevOps teams by implementing the right processes and FinOps service offerings that enable the BASF internal business partners to optimize their cloud environments.
- Academic degree in economics, business administration, computer science or similar degree in relevant field of expertise
- 3+ years working with infrastructure in private and public cloud environments (Azure and/or AWS) focusing on cloud cost / usage and optimization
Technical & Professional Knowledge (Mandatory)
- Good understanding of cloud-based services, usage, and pricing on public cloud platforms, such as Azure and AWS
- Good knowledge on cloud cost optimization strategies, such as rightsizing, reserved instances / savings plans, scheduling, processor / instance types, etc.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with programming languages used for analytics tasks, such as Python (including Pandas, Azure and AWS SDKs, Jupyter notebook, regular expressions) and SQL
- Hands-on experience with agile development tools, such as Azure DevOps, git, Visual Studio Code
Technical & Professional Knowledge (Additional)
- Experience with cloud cost management tools, e. g. Flexera One, vmware CloudHealth, CloudCheckr, is of advantage
- Hands-on experience in working with Cloud APIs and related tools, such as Postman, and preferably good knowledge on how to build REST APIs with python or similar programming languages
- Experience with low-code automation tools, such as PowerAutomate is of advantage
- Good knowledge of agile working methods and tools is required as you will be part of a DevOps team in FinOps context
- Programming skills in PowerShell language
- Hands-on experience on BI / big data modeling concepts and tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with ITSM tools, such as ServiceNow
- Good to excellent knowledge of English in speaking and writing
- Excellent team-work skills to collaborate with FinOps community and stakeholders
- Practitioner certifications for Azure, AWS, FinOps
- A passion for learning new technologies, practices, and ways of working