Cloud FinOps Engineer Specialist
We are seeking a professional Specialist Cloud FinOps Engineer to join our FinOps team within the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). This role will be working on identifying cost reduction opportunities at an architectural level, building cost forecasting models, and creating better governance and cost management controls. In this role, you will also consult with project teams to identify improvements that will lower costs. This includes reviewing project architecture, current cost saving methods such as autoscaling and use of spot instances.
- Impact change in cloud infrastructure costs through architectural review.
- Partner with ZS Product Engineering and Client Implementation teams to ensure cost improvement cases are well understood, scoped, and prioritized on the appropriate team backlog
- Partner with the ZS Product Engineering and Client Implementation teams to ensure cost improvements are implemented correctly.
- Communicate your findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to Engineering, DevOps, FinOps, and leadership
- Coordinate implementing cost improvements across other CCoE teams.
- Assist deployed solutions in using infrastructure resources efficiently and manage usage of scalable resources (such as spot instances).
- Analyze architecture of hosted solutions to understand where costs are generated and identify changes to reduce costs. Identify the appropriate levers for cost reduction (Reserved instances/Savings plans vs. Database improvements vs. Code improvements, etc.)
- Create reporting tools to better enable FinOps team with data analysis.
- Mentor and enable team members through training and documentation as technical anchor for FinOps team.
- We have over 600 projects in 200+ AWS accounts
- In-depth experience with cloud infrastructure and architecture at scale with AWS.
- Deep understanding of AWS compute and storage resources.
- AWS certification (Associate Solution Architect or higher).
- Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise.
- Enjoy working fast-paced environment redefining vague requirements into proven solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills using all forms of modern technology.
- Judgment to know when to challenge something and when to lend support.
- Excellent organization, task management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- High motivation, strong work ethic and personal initiative.
- Aptitude for, and enjoyment of, working in teams.
ZS is a global consulting firm. Fluency in English is required; additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, plus an attractive benefits package. ZS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to any class protected by applicable law.
ZS is committed to providing and maintaining a safe workplace. Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required. Religious/Medical Exemptions can be requested on a limited basis upon hire.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE