About the job
We are looking for an experienced Azure Cloud Infrastructure Manager to join the Platform Operations group to oversee the cloud infrastructure operations and manage a multidisciplinary team of about 20 people currently working in four areas: TechOps, SecOps, FinOps, and Azure Landing Zone.As the Cloud Infrastructure Manager, you will work closely with multiple Development & Offer teams, Digital Risk Leader and Cybersecurity teams, Professional Services & Support teams using an integrated DevSecOps framework to ensure smooth operations & SLA achievement.
- Oversee and develop platform infrastructure operations activities with a team of Tech Leads located in France, US and India.
- Interact with IS and IT stakeholders in the company to align processes & policies and keep them relevant in the context of the platform.
- Work with Development teams to help them transition from “YouBuildIt – YouDeliverIt” approach to “YouBuildIt – YouDeployIt” and “YouBuildIt – YouOperateIt” approach
- Continuously improve the processes and efficiency of the operations team in the context of significant scope expansion and increasing security and quality requirements.
- Work with Microsoft and other cloud service providers to co-construct operations strategy with them.
- Review the value of managed service providers that are helping in providing 24/7 operations capabilities & propose way forward
- Transition operations to the SRE approach
Technical & Soft Skills
The candidate is expected to have the following technical skills and experience:
- Experience of Software delivery lifecycle run phase – understand challenges related to transition with Product teams
- Technical knowledge of public clouds (Azure preferred) with both IaaS and PaaS
- Knowledge of container platforms : Docker, AKS (K8S) and alternatives
- CI/CD: pipeline management with Azure Devops or GitHub, Ansible
- IT automation, continuous integration and deployment.
- ITIL for operations
- SecOps: ISO 27000, PCI-DSS
- Agile development
The candidate should:
- Have a service-oriented attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience leading operational efficiency-focused teams in a large, international organization
- Quick learner, adaptability in a highly moving and fast-growing environment
- Able to guide / influence the work of others to improve their DevOps maturity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Previous experience managing an IoT platform is a plus
- Resourceful & proactive: take initiative & act
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of relevant experience on Azure Cloud Operations
- 4+ years of experience managing / leading cloud platform operations and SRE teams
- 3+ years of exposure to public cloud service providers and managed service providers
- Certifications in Microsoft Azure are preferred
- Solid experience in designing and implementing DevOps & Cloud infrastructure solutions
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.€25.7bn global revenue137 000+ employees in 100+ countries45% of revenue from IoT5% of revenue devoted for R&DYou must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filledIt is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.