The people here at Apple don’t just create products—they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. The Cloud Insights team in Apple Cloud Services (ACS) is redefining how Apple manages its third party cloud environment, by identifying, architecting, and driving solutions for cloud cost reporting, optimization and operational excellence. This is a unique and strategic role that is passionate about engineering and cloud finance (FinOps), with a charter to guide partner teams across Apple towards a highly efficient and optimized cloud environment. Join us to create an efficiency focused engineering culture at scale!
- 3+ years in an engineering role
- 5+ years developing and operating infrastructure in public cloud environments (AWS or GCP).
- Ability to define architecture by influencing the cross-functional and software development team, while partnering with business to ensure their strategic vision with software technology is met
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services.
- Experience with cost optimization preferred (e.g. with tools like Cloudability, CloudHealth)
- Proficient cost management knowledge including trending and variance analysis and forecasting
- Experience in building out a FinOps subject area preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes optimizations preferred
- Experience with cloud telemetry tools preferred (CloudWatch, Datadog, Honeycomb, etc) preferred
- Strong presentation and social skills
Develop, modify and maintain cloud cost and utilization dashboards and reporting, and partner with teams across Apple to make optimizations. Design a culture of cloud efficiency that is self-guided. Develop, modify and maintain cloud cost and utilization dashboards and reporting, and partner with teams across Apple to make optimizations. Acts as an expert business professional, helping to implement best practice improvements across partner teams at Apple, by providing teams with insight into their cloud costs, utilization and optimization recommendations. Interprets the financial data, and explains it to their teams in a way that informs strategic decision making. Build a feedback loop that reinforces positive results, provides transparency and motivates actions on more optimizations.
BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Business, or equivalent.