We are looking for a Microsoft Cloud Expert for an Azure Cost Optimization project (2M€ Budget).
• Infrastructure operations change coordination.(20%)
• Azure cost management optimization (60%)
• Communication skills (10%)
• Financial cost follow up (10%)
The change management process for infrastructure operations is embedded in the ITSM tooling. The change manager reviews and validates the changes and leads the weekly meeting to list the new / open and closed changes. Mainly datacenter (onprem and azure) and network team changes.
The adoption of the cloud first strategy leads into another way of cost management and optimization. The cloud finops model for Equans belux has been created and the new cost model is being implemented. The new role will aid in optimization of cloud costs, can define clear targets and ensures the follow up.
Eg: backup & storage account optimization. Reserved instances & start stop.
The new role also helps in validating internal IT communications if necessary. No specific communication skills are required but the goal is to act as final validator before sending out to the internal customers. These IT communications are related to incidents, problems and changes.
The new role also does a follow up of the infra PL team cost and internal billing. This task is very limited, we are adapting and integrating the process in our ITSM tool.
Also does a review and a validation of the billed changes for the infrastructure changes (onprem and cloud) in close collaboration with the datacenter sdm.
Acting as backup for other roles as incident and problem management and escalation point in case of issues.
• Good understanding of Microsoft cloud services, certification is a + (Fundamentals, architect design)
• Experience with design of those services and the cost management.
• Knowledge of the change management process.
• Concept of how IT to customer communication is setup.
• Minimal languages: NL, FR, EN
• Spoken and written communication
• Can rephrase technical terminology into human readable items.
• Punctual, delivers what’s promised.
• Hands on Azure skills & keeping the overview for provider managed services.