KPMG is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Cloud Operations Manager to support high priority & highly visibility Audit Technologies on KPMG’s Microsoft Azure platform. In this critical role, you will oversee the support of all Audit Technology services. You will coordinate work efforts and guide rapid troubleshooting, remediation, and root cause analysis of production issues to ensure optimal service availability and continuously refine operational processes and procedures. You will monitor cloud consumption, identify cost savings opportunities, determine the ideal capacity, and help manage a dedicated team of Audit technology support professionals. To be successful in this role you should have considerable experience as a cloud operations manager, understand and be a practitioner of DevOps, be an excellent communicator, and have a get the job done attitude and mindset.
In this role, you will be a member of KPMG Canada’s Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCOE) cross-functional team. This team will be responsible for promoting and enabling KPMG Canada’s Cloud Transformation journey through service delivery leadership, advice, and support.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for supporting next-generation, cloud-native products, and applications
- Collaborate with KPMG global architects (Application & Infrastructure), Canadian Architecture & Technical Support and Operations teams to transition new technologies and support and maintain the Audit Technology Platform for KPMG Canada.
- Collaborate with KPMG global audit and infrastructure team to support, manage, administer KPMG audit suite of applications.
- Responsible for managing the Audit Technology Platform incident response process (Sev1, Sev2 and Sev3). Working closely with other internal KPMG ITS team in collaboration with KPMG global audit and infrastructure teams as well as senior ITS and Audit leadership.
- Responsible for identifying and driving cloud cost optimization activities in collaboration with KPMG global to ensure the Audit Technology Platform and applications are correctly sized and optimized based on cyclical business demand.
- Responsible for Cloud Capacity management in partnership with KPMG global teams
- Understand KPMG’s digital strategy, cloud platform capabilities, IT and business priorities and success measures to support Audit solutions
- Develop deep relationships with key KPMG member firm, KPMG global teams, KPMG Canada ITS teams, KPMG Sr. leadership (ITS and business)
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related STEM field or work experience
- 3+ years of cloud operations management experience
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert preferred but not required
- Experience leading incident management process with a hands-on technical approach.
- Experience with problem management process and able to direct troubleshooting and produce documentations such as workarounds and\or root cause
- Experience with IT financial and cost management processes and methodologies such as FinOps. Working experience with Apptio Cloudability (beneficial) and Azure cost management tools.
- Experience supporting cloud native solutions made up of IaaS and PaaS services.
- Experience supporting 3 tier application made up of web, application, and database services.
- Experience supporting cloud native monitoring and backup services
- Fundamental understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles and Infrastructure as Code
- Fundamental understanding of CI/CD Systems, such as Azure DevOps services
- Fundamental understanding of Cloud automation using, Azure CLI, ARM & Terraform to enable Infrastructure as a Code.
- Experience and knowledge of Operating Systems including Windows and Linux
- Proven track record in cloud operations management
- Confidence and ability to lead discussions with clear goals, deliverables, documented agreements and follow up actions
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Scrum Agile processes
- Significant experience working within Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
Keys to your success
- Mature and holistic understanding of cloud technologies
- Diligent, hardworking, and goal oriented
- Strong team member with great time management skills
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.