The Cloud Cost Operations team enables our organization to maximize business value from Cloud Services & Software Providers. This is done by helping Engineering, Finance and Business teams collaborate on data-driven spending decisions.
As an analyst in this team, you will leverage your years of experience as a FinOps Practitioner, Asset Manager or related roles to drive financial accountability within our engineering organization. More specifically, this means giving visibility to spending patterns, driving optimizations and continuously improving our operations. To do this, you will work cross-functionally with Business Unit leaders, Engineers, Finance, Procurement and external vendors.
- Work with finance and engineering teams to track, allocate and optimize both cloud and software costs
- Collaborate with cloud and software vendors to ensure teams are using resources efficiently and implementing best practices
- Provide executive summaries on cloud costs, tooling costs, optimizations, budgets and forecasts
- Support engineers with analysis of consumption and opportunities for optimization
- Work across multiple teams to understand software licensing requirements.
- Collaborate with finance teams to plan, track and allocate costs
- Collaborate with procurement team on purchasing required software
- Ensure tools are renewed on-time and maintained within budget
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Business or Engineering
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and strategic thinking
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A love for data and driving business outcomes
Preferred Technical Qualifications
- Cloud-specific certifications or experience
- FinOps-specific certifications or experience
- Experience with cloud management or asset management tools
- Proficient with analysis tools such as Excel & Power BI
- Experience querying data using tools such as SQL
Cloud Software Group is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status, and other protected classifications.
Req ID: POS-51590