At CloudBolt Software (www.cloudbolt.io) we know our amazing employees are the reason for our success. If you’re looking to join an energetic, collaborative organization where you can make a difference every day, tackle the toughest cloud automation and cost optimization challenges, and have lots of fun doing work you love… join us at CloudBolt, and be part of helping companies better control hybrid cloud/multi-cloud chaos!
The Senior Cloud\FinOps Solution Engineer is responsible for supporting Sales in acquiring new business and growing share of wallet for current customers within an assigned region. You will have deep knowledge and experience across multiple Public Cloud offerings specifically in terms of FinOps. The ability to co-create and thought lead around a FinOps or value engineering approach will be core for the role. Sales Engineer will be technical quarterback assisting and driving technical requirements throughout sales cycle including discovery and definition of customer requirements and delivering from, conversation, demonstration, assessment and through proof of concept on solutions. Additional experience of delivering IT tools, infrastructure and methodologies used within an enterprise IT environment as well as scripting and/or software development are desirable.
Day to day role activities:
- Guide customers to value with CloudBolt solutions in closing revenue with Account Executives
- Proactively working with customers in their DTO initiatives as it relates to cloud consumption at both a technical definition and design through business value message delivery.
- Co-create and communicate a FinOps best practices process including the value of CloudBolt solutions in a cloud maturity model or for use in a Cloud center of excellence.
- Assist the Account Executives (in region) with scoping and executing demonstrations and proof of concept activities involved with cost optimization
- Adhere to sales engineering best practice including tailored demonstrations, value selling, documentation and sales process guidelines
Research & Skills Development (20%)
- Maintain and share expert knowledge within FinOps space internally and externally
- Obtain lateral knowledge of CloudBolt solution portfolio in Cloud Automation\Orchestration as it pertains to DTO initiatives
- Engage with CloudBolt partner community and represent thought leadership in training and developing partners throughout region
- Perform research into technology partner or other vendor solutions in context of client requirements for integration
- AWS Cloud Practitioner and\or Azure Foundational Certification
- FinOps Certified Practitioner
- Public Cloud costing knowledge (AWS CUR, Azure Cost Management reports etc)
- Strong Public cloud knowledge in at least 2 major CSP’s (AWS, Azure, GCP) 3+ years
- Sales Engineering: 3+ years
- Experience in a fast-paced sales environment
- Is self-motivated/self-directed – capable of multitasking
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
- The ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- You will have regular contact with customers both on-site, on calls and through a web conference
Additional Valuable Working Knowledge Experience:
- Cloud\Infrastructure Orchestration & Automation
- Power BI or other data visualization tools
- MSP Cloud Billing, Azure CSP and or AWS SPP