As an Senior FinOps Account Manager, you will put two of your passions — data analysis and empowering customers — to work every day. You’ll work directly with customers to provide cost intelligence observations, facilitate conversations around causes/solutions to cost growth, and help guide them on their FinOps journey. These conversations might be about specific resource usage with engineering, tagging strategies with operations, COGS with finance, or unit cost trends with the executive…all in the same day!
CloudZero is a venture-backed startup — which means you’ll have the opportunity to grow rapidly with the company and have a direct impact on our success. As a member of our cost intelligence team, you’ll be responsible for customer interactions, implementing ways to share observations across organizations, and helping our customers maximize their Cloud investments. You will also be responsible for sharing insights back to the product team to influence our services and features roadmap.
We’ll look to you to help build the foundation of tools and processes to scale a diverse team. If you have a passion for customers and are the person who always builds the internal tools other people use to make customers successful, this is the role you’ve been searching for.
- You have 3+ years of experience consulting on AWS, GCP and/or Azure services/solutions
- You have developed, documented, and/or communicated financial analysis and optimization recommendations for cloud services with both tech and finance teams
- You understand the basics of spend / resource reservations across the various clouds
- You understand the benefits (and limitations) of tagging / labeling and can consult with customers on tagging strategies, when necessary. Tags are among the many ways CloudZero customers can group costs and you will learn tools and techniques for categorizing cloud spend that goes beyond tags.
- You love data. Helping customers achieve better outcomes by leveraging data is something that energizes you on a daily basis.
- You can analyze complex datasets in Excel using advanced concepts like vlookups, index matches, named ranges, pivot tables
- You are a FinOps Certified Practitioner
- You hold at least one AWS, GCP and/or Azure Certification
- You’ve built BI dashboards before (Quicksight, Looker, Domo, Tableau, etc…)
- You have experience authoring SQL
- You conceptually understand GAAP accounting
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- CloudZero Equity
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home (CloudZero is a remote-first company)