- Collaborate with Engineering & Cloud Platform teams to implement cost optimization recommendations and best practices.
- Build and deliver effective data driven presentations for various business stakeholders on public cloud cost usage and spend insights.
- Continuously monitor public cloud provider discount commitments (like committed use discounts (CUD), sustained use discount (SUD), Reserved Instances, Savings Plans,) using governance, processes, and tooling to ensure key coverage and utilization metrics are trending in the right direction.
- Measure, report and maintain key performance indicators for tracking real time costs, consumption, and metrics for measuring unit economics, product level visibility.
- Work with Cloud Service Providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) teams to implement best practices in automations Collate, analyse and prioritize cloud optimization recommendations.
- Calculate potential savings and benefits using different native, 3rd party and self-developed tools Create high quality assets targeting Cloud Cost Optimization and present them to key stakeholders Provide expert knowledge of cloud cost optimization strategies.
- Ensuring optimization recommendations go through the appropriate governance process and get actioned.
- Understanding Public Cloud Usage and Cost.
- Performance Tracking & Benchmarking & Cloud Rate Optimization.
- Cloud Usage Optimization
- Align with team to Take action on cost optimization
- Enable Automation
- Cost Reporting
- Forecasting of Spend
- Multi-cloud cost reporting
Required Skills & Education:
- 6-9 years’ overall experience in Finance/Tech Engineering experience.
- Good understanding of public cloud technologies, services usage and pricing: GCP, AWS and/or Azure.
- Highly organized & Detail-oriented and Ability to bridge finance & technology.
- Math skills or a background in finance and driving business outcomes with data.