As a technology centric and end to end customer experience driven company, Comcast has embarked on a bold journey to embrace cloud computing and cloud-based technologies across its entire business. With this goal in mind, over the last several years, many Engineering organizations across Comcast have begun to leverage cloud solutions and services to modernize their infrastructures and establish their future platforms for innovation. This role will lead the Cloud FinOps and Capacity Planning & Analytics functions in support of our Cloud journey. This is a strategic, highly visible, leadership role that will help to shape the future of 2 critical functionJob Description
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the FinOps and Capacity Planning Analytics teams for Comcast
- Partner with Executive Director Cloud Capacity Planning, Programs & FinOps to define vision, strategy, roadmap, and deliverables
- Establish an inclusive, data-driven, and results-oriented culture
- Provide monthly cloud reporting, capacity utilization, optimization analysis, and financial chargeback
- Support of annual budget and long range planning for both public and private cloud needs and usage
- Operate and orchestrate effectively in a large, dynamic multi-cloud and SaaS ecosystem
- Communicate and drive organizational-wide FinOps & Capacity Planning strategy and adoption
- Provide FinOps training for finance, business operations and technology partners
- Provide timely, insightful, and actionable reports to Finance, Business Operations, and Engineering leadership
- Build reports, dashboards, and tools to enable senior leadership through engineering teams understand usage, utilization, costs, and opportunities to optimize
What you need to succeed:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience including 5+ years of experience leading teams.
- FinOps experience in public cloud cost management and optimization on AWS, GCP or Azure preferred
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and diligent, and capable of challenging peers
- Solid understanding of hybrid cloud or multi cloud infrastructure financial management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Positive relationship leadership skills with ability to guide and influence senior leadership across the organization
- Great teammate with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business Operations, Finance, and Engineer Teams
- We have a bias for action and outcomes
- We are agile and seek continuous improvement
- We take our work seriously, but don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We are passionate about winning together
- We treat customers as partners rather than as tickets to be closed
- We value delivering usable solutions now and iterative refinement over holding out for a perfect solution later
The requirements are intended as a guideline only and it is not necessary to meet them all. If you are a highly motivated person who is interested in jumping into something new, believe you can be a culture add and thrive on driving an exciting program from start to finish, then you should apply.
- We value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to be successful in an ambiguous and less-structured environment.
- We love people who are intellectually curious, use data to make decisions, innovate, elevate the performance of those around them, win as a team, and can express themselves thoughtfully.
- Outstanding business judgement leveraging strong critical thinking complemented with a bias for action and execution/operational excellence.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to drive data-driven decisions.
- Comfort working in an ambiguous environment, and the ability to build a program from scratch – setting your own plans, targets, objectives, and measurements.
- Ability to be “Hands on” – regardless of title, everybody in our team manages programs from top to bottom – meaning from senior executive level stakeholder management down to detailed planning and information management.
- We do not overweight Comcast experience – this role is not already targeted for an internal applicant, so anybody interested inside or outside of Comcast should apply
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employee
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Pay Range: This job can be performed in Denver Campus, with a Pay Range of $150,713.72 USD – $226,070.58 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.