Financial Operations Analyst, Cloud Technology
Published: 26th August 2022
Closing Date: 31st January 2023
The Comcast Cloud Technology organization at Comcast develops, delivers and operates cloud technologies and services to help Comcast and other organizations digitally transform their businesses and convert technology challenges into innovation opportunities.
Our vision is to be a leader in Cloud products, services and solutions which power and enable fabulous, connected customer experiences for Comcast and other organizations through a relentless focus on transparency and collaboration
As a technology centric and end to end customer experience driven company, Comcast has embarked on a bold journey to embrace cloud computing and cloud-based technologies across its entire business.
With this goal in mind, over the last several years, many Engineering organizations across Comcast have begun to use cloud solutions and services to modernize their infrastructures and establish their future platforms for innovation.
As a strategic advisor and partner to these organizations, CCT works closely with product, application, and service owners to help them effectively assess, implement and optimize cloud computing solutions.
The Financial Operations Analyst role will provide cloud financial operations support including budgeting, forecasting, billing, data analysis and the identification and implementation of cost optimization opportunities. This individual will act as a close partner to Cloud senior leadership, Finance, and Procurement on a variety of regular and ad hoc projects. The candidate will constantly work to improve and drive financial efficiencies and cost control measures.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning (LRP) of cloud spend
- Identify and facilitate opportunities to optimize, reduce costs and adopt savings plans
- Analyze spend trends, opportunities for savings and act as an advisor to engineering teams
- Build and maintain cloud usage reporting to proactively optimize workloads.
- Assist with problem solving, support creation of new business cases and models
- Incorporate business insight into analytical work: create risk and tradeoff scenarios
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This will be a highly visible role requiring outstanding analytical, communications and collaboration skills working in partnership across the organization to bring greater visibility and efficiency to technology investments within both Public and Private Cloud environments.
What You Can Expect:
- You will educate and advise our customers on application and infrastructure costs
- You will be the expert on cost analysis, modelling and recommendations
- You will work with numerous individuals across finance, procurement, business operations and engineering as well as senior leadership in support of our cloud financial objectives
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years of experience in finance, business operations, technology or cloud program management
- Proficiency with SQL & Tableau(or similar tooling) would be amazing!
- Experience driving discussions with senior leaders regarding timelines and dependencies, risk mitigation, trade-offs, standard processes, and program management.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
The requirements below are intended as a guideline only and it is not necessary to meet them all. If you are a highly motivated person who is interested in jumping into something new and driving a challenging program from start to finish, then you should apply.
- We value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to be successful in an ambiguous and less-structured environment.
- We love people who are intellectually curious, apply data to make decisions, innovate, elevate the performance of those around them, win as a team, and can express themselves thoughtfully.
- We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience and understand how the work you drive connects to the customer.
- Outstanding business judgement using strong critical thinking complemented with a bias for action and execution/operational excellence.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to drive data-driven decisions.
- Comfort working in an ambiguous environment, and the ability to build a program from scratch – setting your own plans, targets, objectives, and measurements.
- Ability to be “Hands on” – regardless of title, everybody in our team manages programs from top to bottom – meaning from senior executive level partner management down to detailed planning and information management.
- An engineering degree is not required, but you must have strong technical proficiency, passion for technology and innovation, and ability to connect with technical teams.
- Be proficient in industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, and product and technology trends, especially in the Cloud space.
- Proven experience troubleshooting, investigating, and fixing production issues in large scale Cloud and/or hosted environments.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
- We do not overweight Comcast experience – this role is not already targeted for an internal applicant, so anybody interested inside or outside of Comcast should apply
This role can be located in any of our three core locations: Philadelphia, Denver or Seattle with some flexibility to work virtually from within the continental US.
Employees at all levels are encouraged to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be hardworking learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Pay Range: $72,978.08-109,467
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Certifications (if applicable)
Relative Work Experience
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
- Company: Comcast
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- Salary: $72,978.08-109,467 USD
- FinOps Certifications Required: None