The Manager, Cloud Center of Excellence (CoE) involves leading and guiding the Cloud CoE team to drive cloud adoption, best practices, and excellence across an organization. The Cloud CoE acts as an internal consulting and governance body, providing expertise, support, and standardization for cloud-related initiatives.
AS THE MANAGER, CLOUD CENTER OF EXCELLENCE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Cloud Strategy and Governance: Assist in developing and maintaining the overall cloud strategy for the organization, ensuring alignment with business goals. Establish governance models, policies, and standards for cloud adoption.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of cloud experts and architects, providing coaching, mentoring, and fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Cloud Adoption and Education: Drive cloud adoption initiatives, educating stakeholders across departments about cloud benefits, best practices, and security considerations.
- Architecture Review and Guidance: Oversee architecture reviews of cloud solutions to ensure adherence to best practices, scalability, security, and cost optimization.
- Cloud Cost Management: Collaborate with finance and IT teams to optimize cloud spending, identify cost-saving opportunities, and manage budget allocations.
- Cloud Security and Compliance: Ensure cloud solutions comply with security policies, industry regulations, and data protection standards.
- Cloud Innovation: Stay informed about the latest cloud technologies and industry trends, evaluating their potential impact on the organization.
- Collaboration and Communication: Facilitate communication and collaboration between different teams, promoting cross-functional cooperation for successful cloud initiatives.
- Metrics and Reporting: Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of the Cloud CoE’s initiatives. Provide regular reports to senior management.
Flexible Work Schedule – Remote Work Option and Core Hours
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week and a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields. Equivalent work experience will be considered
- Minimum of five years of experience in an infrastructure cloud-based role is required
- Advanced certification with Azure and with fundamental infrastructure services therein, such as object storage, VMs, databases, storage, DNS, IPAM, PaaS, Azure Solutions Architect. Other certifications outside of Azure such as, HashiCorp Terraform Associate, and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to automate processes, using tools such as Terraform, ARM, Chef, Puppet, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience building and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in Cloud Financial Operations (FinOps) to drive accountability, visibility, and cost efficiency
- Experience in migrations of services to the public cloud (Azure preferred)
- Management Experience: Proven experience in managing a team and leading cloud-related initiatives within a large organization
- Cloud Architecture: Strong understanding of cloud architecture best practices, cloud migration strategies, and hybrid cloud environments
- Governance and Compliance: Familiarity with cloud governance, compliance frameworks, and industry standards
- Leadership and Communication: Excellent leadership and communication skills to effectively manage the Cloud CoE team and collaborate with stakeholders
- Business Acumen: Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into effective cloud solutions
- Project Management: Experience in managing complex cloud projects with a focus on timelines, budgets, and deliverables