As a Customer Optimization Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving financial success for AWS customers by creating and delivering executive-level content, serving as a subject matter expert in cost and commercial aspects throughout the customer life-cycle, and empowering clients with tools for effective cloud and IT spend management. Additionally, you’ll lead the way in assessing reporting needs, establishing KPIs, and managing multiple strategic requests to ensure continuous progress and success in customer transformation and optimization initiatives.
Key job responsibilities
As the Manager of Customer Optimization and Acceleration (CO&A), you’ll lead a high-performing team to optimize customer financial performance. Your responsibilities include providing strategic guidance, collaborating with AWS account teams, and developing executive-level content. As a financial expert, you’ll oversee the implementation of cost optimization strategies, ensuring measurable outcomes. Fostering a culture of continuous learning, you’ll identify skill gaps and implement training programs. Monitoring key performance indicators, you’ll drive performance improvements and maintain strong customer relationships. Your role involves cross-functional collaboration, resource management, and adherence to industry best practices. With a focus on customer education, you’ll enable clients with tools for successful cloud and IT spend management. This dynamic leadership position requires strategic vision, effective team management, and a commitment to advancing financial and technical capabilities to drive customer success.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
– 5+ years of managerial experience overseeing financial advisory or cost optimization teams, preferably in the technology or cloud computing industry.
– 5+ years of leadership in developing executive-level content, including financial business cases, Return on Investment (ROI) analysis, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis.
– 5+ years of experience and understanding of cloud and IT spend management, with the ability to guide and enable team members in implementing cost optimization strategies and best practices.
– 5+ years experience in assessing and meeting customer reporting and analytic needs, as well as establishing and measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
– FinOps Certification or equivalent certification in financial operations, showcasing a comprehensive understanding of cloud financial management principles.
– Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
– 5+ years of managerial experience in financial advisory or cost optimization roles, with a focus on cloud computing or technology solutions.
– Proven track record of successfully implementing cost optimization strategies and driving financial efficiency for clients.
– Experience working with AWS and collaborating effectively with AWS account teams.
– Advanced proficiency in financial modeling and analysis, with the ability to guide the team in developing complex financial business cases and analyses.
– Previous experience in managing and mentoring junior team members in financial and cost optimization roles.
– Strong industry knowledge and awareness of emerging trends in cloud technology and financial management.
– Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving business and technology landscape.
– Exceptional communication skills to effectively convey billing, forecasting, and budgeting best practices to clients.
– Ability to manage and mentor a diverse team, strategically prioritizing tasks for efficient and impactful outcomes.
– Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services) and collaborative experience with account teams is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $117,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $219,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
To request a modification to this listing please email firstname.lastname@example.org