DAT is currently looking for a Principal Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our Cloud Platform Engineering team and drive the evolution of technology infrastructure at DAT. The Cloud Platform Engineering team at DAT is responsible for the development of our AWS Landing Zone utilizing AWS Control Tower and the latest AWS network constructs, our AWS Serverless and Kubernetes based managed compute platforms, self service AWS Service Catalog product offering, and FinOps and security automation.The Principal Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for architecting and implementing advanced cloud solutions within our AWS environment and our containerized and serverless managed compute platform. The position requires deep technical expertise, collaboration skills, and hands-on architectural capabilities.Candidates should have a strong background in AWS, Kubernetes, GitOps, Infrastructure as Code, and cloud networking. You should possess solid knowledge of infrastructure, operating systems, tools, and system architecture. If you are a team player, able to communicate and work equally well with your peers as well as non-technical personnel, this is an exciting opportunity to add work on highly visible projects for an industry leader.
What You’ll Do
- Architect and implement AWS cloud solutions using the latest AWS offerings and networking constructs, leveraging automation and self service capabilities as much as possible.
- Design and implement new features and capabilities for our AWS Serverless and Kubernetes based managed compute platforms.
- Design and implement FinOps best practices and cost management.
- Work with internal Security and GRC teams to design/implement industry best practice automation.
- Document solutions, architectural patterns, and best practices around AWS and Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with your team and the software engineering organization to help build a robust Service Catalog portfolio of infrastructure patterns.
The Skills And Experience You’ll Bring
- BS or Engineering in Computer science or electronics or related IT-focused.
- 7+ years of experience keeping production environments operating at peak performance on AWS
- 3+ years of experience managing production Kubernetes infrastructure with exposure to the use of cloud Kubernetes solutions such as EKS
- 5+ years hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code, build and deployment using CI/CD pipelines. Working experience with GitHub/GitHub Actions and ArgoCD are preferred.
- Strong knowledge with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure services (EKS, S3, Lambda, EC2, Route 53, VPC & networking)
- Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation choices
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Exposure/understanding of DevOps tools and principles such as CI/CD, infrastructure as code, containers.
- Should have good knowledge of information security principles and practices, understanding of security protocols and standards.