Databricks is looking for a top tier Staff Technical Program Manager with a passion for process improvement and project management. You will focus on running end-to-end processes for the engineering org, process improvements focused on cost and lifecycle changes across products. You will be hands-on in the execution of large scale projects as well as think strategically about how to improve day to day operations. This role will report into the R&D Operations team, which is part of the engineering org.
The Impact You Will Have
- Deliver repeatable process with tools per quarter, supporting the visibility of and improving engineering product operations
- Demonstrate and coordinate with engineering and finance teams to improve engineering costs
- Solve complex business problems by breaking them down into tangible steps to execute
- Be a pioneer of our Databricks Costa Rica office
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor degree
- 7+ years of experience in technical program management, or PMO or FinOps.
- Solid experience with SQL-based database is required.
- Experience in program management desired
- Experience working with teams to understand and document how a process works and what needs to happen to track and push on teams
- Proficiency with, project management tools required (Spreadsheets)
- Enable cross-functional teams (Finance, Engineering team, etc.) to understand cost of cloud operations, overage and drive various engineering efficiency efforts
- Expertise in working effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- Experience creating and managing programs related to services and support pricing
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Jira, Smartsheet, Asana, etc.
- Build scalable and repeatable project plans to help track the business quickly
- Create and publish dashboards to communicate effectively to the business the status of a project, risks, and milestones
- Influence accuracy and reportability of our products across all systems by building out comprehensive project plans that take dependencies into account
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to adhere to deadlines across multiple projects in a fast paced environment without losing sight of accuracy
- Candidate must possess good English written and oral communication skills.
- Technical degree or the equivalent experience.