About the job
- Establish a FinOps Culture at company: Establish a culture of accountability so that the organization understands that the practice of cloud cost management is about leveraging FinOps to accelerate the creation of business value.
- Establish FinOps Education & Enablement: To allow all those participating in FinOps practices to increase the business value of cloud by accelerating FinOps adoption.
- Establish Cost Allocation (Metadata & Hierarchy) Capability: Cost Allocation is the set of practices to divide up a consolidated invoice or bill among those who are responsible for its various component parts.
- Establish Data Analysis and Showback Capability: Data analysis and showback is the ability to leverage data, along with metadata on cloud resources and resource hierarchies, to create a near “real time” reporting mechanism for stakeholders which calls to attention: Total costs for the desired business entity, opportunities for cost avoidance, and KPIs for financial health (e.g. performance of rate reduction commitments, unit cost measures for key services, efficiency metrics aggregated by desired “team”, organizational unit, etc.).
- Establish Capability to Manage Anomalies: Anomaly Management is the ability to detect, identify, clarify, alert and manage unexpected or unforecasted cloud cost events in a timely manner, in order to minimize detrimental impact to the business, cost or otherwise.
- Manage Shared Cloud Costs: Appropriately split costs that are shared, to give engineers and product managers a complete picture of how much their products cost.
- Establish Cloud Cost Budget Management and Cloud Cost Forecasting.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitor the cloud monthly budget and support the forecast process in managing consumption, savings, and ROI in collaboration with finance, program management and technical owners
- Collaborate with stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend based on their business roadmap and approved budget. Develop and maintain relationships with diverse technology and project teams spanning all organizational levels to effectively gain trust and buy-in.
- Monitor cloud consumption at the subscription or account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies,
- Track, evaluate, and investigate data patterns to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the multi cloud landscape. Take ownership of automating, integrating, and maturing the Cloud FinOps team’s processes, data capture and reporting.
- Drive and participate in business case development, cost modeling, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and trade-off exercises
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested
- 7 + years of relevant experience in public cloud environment with a large enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field; or equivalent experience
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Finops certified Practitioner or ability to attain within 4 months