Cloud Cost Analyst (f/m/d)
Published: 15th October 2022
Closing Date: 30th November 2022
We are looking for a Cloud Cost Analyst (f/m/d) to take our global cloud cost management to the next level, and support our global FinOps team.
Our team is part of the Platform Staff Functions unit at Delivery Hero, and bridges the world of finance and tech. We provide data, insights, guidance and tools at the global group level to help tech teams around the world continuously drive down their cloud costs. Seeing our massive company growth, we are working on automating our processes, and we are building a platform to import cost and usage data from all external cloud vendors.
- Data collection: build unified and scalable systems to import, process, and visualize global cloud usage and cost data for stakeholders in a timely and granular way.
- Cost Analysis and Optimization: help reduce global cloud cost through pro-active optimization of our group-wide cloud cost structure and implementation of new savings opportunities.
- Consulting: engage with stakeholders in tech and finance teams all over the world to discuss cloud costs and optimization opportunities, up to CTO level. Help influence the global culture in tech teams towards cost awareness.
- Reporting and visualization: build reports and dashboards on cloud costs and utilization in various BI and reporting tools. Work with our internal customers to ensure we build what they need.
- Support senior management with ad-hoc financial analysis and other critical topics, with a focus on cloud cost per order and observability cost.
- Create transparency and visibility for global tech KPIs and cloud cost, and help devise and implement strategies to better manage costs, e.g. through creating standards for cloud resource tagging.
- Help manage our global cloud capacity commitments (e.g. through AWS Savings Plans) to optimize our group-wide cloud cost structure.
- Help build and maintain automated cost splits and monthly accruals, so that cloud costs can be re-invoiced in the group monthly.
- Create documentation and educate teams to help them understand cloud tools pricing and cost structure, and ways to optimize this cost.
Your heroic skills
- Solid understanding of finance concepts and processes, like cost, revenue, chargebacks, cost allocation, P&L, budgeting, accruals, and others
- Good understanding of cloud computing and cloud cost concepts
- 3+ years of experience in a highly analytical role – management consulting, investment banking, transaction advisory services, business development, or similar experience are a plus.
- A degree in business, finance, physics, mathematics, statistics, or related subjects is a plus.
- The ability to answer business questions with clear and structured insights and communicate learnings to business stakeholders, in order to convince them to take action
- You are highly motivated, willing to take ownership of tasks and determined to see projects through to completion.
- Good SQL skills and ideally experience with Redshift, BigQuery or other SQL environments.
- You enjoy solving complex data problems in spreadsheets (Excel/Google Sheets) and databases (eg MySQL or BigQuery), and have high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and visualization tools such as Data Studio, Microsoft Power BI or Tableau is a strong plus.
- Highly passionate about data, with creative problem-solving abilities and an eye for detail.
- You are a hands-on team player with good relationship building skills, and you are able to lead and influence stakeholders
- You possess excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written; any additional languages are a plus
- Company: Delivery Hero
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None