We are currently looking for a FinOps Engineer.
Cloud FinOps is a highly technical and strategic role where you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting cost management practices, develop cost optimization, recommend rightsizing, create and implement management models, define FinOps tools and processes. This person will play a key role in implementing the Cloud strategy while becoming familiar with new emerging technologies and public cloud services.
We will rely on you to:
- Help develop well-designed solutions optimized for cost, operations, performance, reliability and security.
- Develop and drive cloud strategy along with introduction of new public cloud technologies and services, cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring strategies.
- Help design cloud architecture, partnering with other areas such as cloud network architects, cloud solution architects, cloud security architects, and cloud engineering and development teams.
- Lead the development of metrics to influence technology teams on industry best processes for cloud development.
- Analyze spending trends and savings opportunities and advises cloud teams with specific
recommendations for improvement.
- Develop short and long term product and service strategies and plans.
- Coordinate implementation of operational plans for business area.
- Analyze targeted market and make adjustments to operational activities based on identified
- Proactive in approach, focus on innovation and ability to learn new technologies.
What we’re looking for:
- Previously worked with cloud providers such as Azure, AWS and GCP and understand cloud costing and billing.
- Experience in public cloud, architecture, cloud strategy, networking, security, compliance workload types, standards and migration tools.
- Experience suggesting technical and innovative decisions, obtaining customer consensus and delivering on commitments.
- Knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience
implementing best-of-breed processes or suggested improvements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Experienced with cloud budget management process, cloud cost analysis and optimization.
- Financial analysis of the environment, creating reports and data analytics to reinforce technical and strategic decisions.
- Established concepts of cloud usage cost and ownership.
- Collaborates well with engineering, applications and finance team.
- Established cloud cost management processes driven in a large organization.
- Experience applying cloud compliance standards to application design for reliability.
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS services and cloud technologies, e.g. Databricks, AKS, ADF, Log Analytics, Load Balancing, Disaster recovery.
- Financial Services industry experiences is a PLUS.