Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an AWS FinOps consultant, with experience working in a team managing Cloud spend for large scale enterprise businesses, helping get business insights from data, passionate about Cloud and enabling customers to make the most out of Cloud. We have big growth ambitions for 2022 and are looking for people who want to extend their FinOps skills in an ambitious company. Your responsibilities will be:
- Have devised strategies to manage their cloud finances: Analysed Cloud spend & usage data to identify areas of focus, creating strategies to support the adoption of FinOps within the customer’s organisation
- FinOps Evangelist: Have driven change at the engineering level or advising senior managers on strategies relating to reserved instances and savings plans purchases.
- Implementing policy-as-code solutions: Using tools like Cloud Custodian, AWS Instance Scheduler, Open Policy Agent to deliver automated FinOps solutions.
- Engaging with product engineering teams: Have worked with product engineering teams to support realistic cost/efficiency optimisation efforts
- Implementing custom solutions to solve specific business problems: Building bespoke reporting solutions when required to meet a customer’s needs.
Who are you?
Whether you are looking for a change in company or look to take a step up, if you match our requirements then we would love to hear from you:
- Experience of how application teams function is companies delivering software at scale: You will have prior experience working on application teams within large enterprise scale businesses, and a strong understanding of the workflows that occur within these types of organisational systems. This experience will encompass building and maintaining applications in live production environments.
- Experience working in FinOps: You will have prior experience working on FinOps initiatives, and be passionate about working on Finops at scale.
- Experience working on Developer platform teams: You will have experience performing technical work at the platform level relating to optimising efficient usage of Cloud resources.
- Experience in analytics and reporting: You will feel comfortable building out analytics and reporting solutions to solve customer requirements
- Technically hands-on:
- Experience utilising AWS’s services like EC2, Aurora/RDS, Dynamo DB, Lambda, ECS/EKS to deliver projects.
- Experience with creating ETL pipelines and reporting systems (Tableau/Power BI)
- Experience in at least one coding language – (Python/Node.js/Go preferred)
- Experience with Databases, in particular using SQL queries to collect data
- Experience of CI/CD approaches and tools, including experience with some of the following tools: GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Concourse CI, Jenkins X, TeamCity, Artifactory, etc;
- Experience Infrastructure provisioning (at least one of Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation)
- Ability to speak about FinOps from different perspectives: You are comfortable handling FinOps discussions at the technical, business or financial level.
- Desired but not required:
- Experience working with 3rd Party Cloud Cost management tools (CloudHeath, CloudAbility, etc)
- Experience working with AWS RIs and Savings plans
- FinOps certifications