This position leads a team of approximately 40 + technology infrastructure engineers responsible for the infrastructure supporting Sling’s Video Services. It involves managing the cloud and on-premise technology infrastructure with automation to enable the future of SLING TV. The Director of Infrastructure will focus on Infrastructure as Code, automation and FinOps . He/she will be a results-driven executive with a strong understanding of modern software and infrastructure design, development, testing and cloud-native delivery methodology. Delight the Sling customers with a world-class experience.
The Director of Infrastructure will lead a highly skilled team of infrastructure engineers to develop, maintain and scale infrastructure on demand . An ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of immutable infrastructure , cloud-native methodologies and microservices development and deployment at scale. The role includes the ability to perform the following:
- Establish and lead a team of high-caliber infrastructure engineers.
- Manage an organization of 4 0+ team members.
- Own the blueprint for all infrastructure and operations services that include network, compute storage and CDN.
- Develop automated responses to infrastructure incidents so that manual intervention is not necessary.
- Champion system metrics (MTBF, MTTR, etc.) to reduce incident duration and frequency.
- Champion FinOps to provide visibility into the cost of infrastructure and deliver value at cost.
- Review designs and implementations produced by engineers – be a trusted and constructive partner in technical discussions.
- Participate in global industry forums to share our knowledge and receive feedback in the streaming space.
- Develop and execute a technology roadmap.
- Regularly evaluate and drive improvements in current systems for capabilities, performance, scale, challenges and growth.
- Promote the adoption of modern software a nd infrastructure development standards.
- Drive simplicity and increase the resilience and scale of our services.
As part of our leadership team, you will use your management and technical acumen to seek opportunities and drive broad improvements across the organization.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.