What you’ll be doing:
- Perform daily data analysis of our Cloud consumption across all Cloud venues and all cloud technologies. Including but not limited to Compute, Storage, Database, Backups, Logs and serverless technology in AWS and Azure.
- Provide customised reporting and dashboards to internal stakeholders to provide a view on actual costs vs budget and the drivers of the spend and peaks in usage.
- Working within the Cloud FinOps team to identify Cost Optimisation Opportunities and inform the business and technical owners. Including but not limited to Rightsizing, Reservations, Savings Plans, Wastage Removal, technology upgrades.
- Working with other Cloud FinOps team members to provide cost forecasting across the Cloud estate considering proposed/planned changes, new workloads planned to be cloud hosted in the future and comparing Cloud costs across AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to report on enterprise level commitments vs consumption and future consumption across agreements such as AWS PPA and Microsoft EA
- Alongside our Software Asset Management team, you will work to help identify software renewals or new software procurement that could use a cloud-based Market Place to achieve a lower price point for the business and assist burn down enterprise level commitments.
- Working together with Supplier Governance team to track consumption vs commitment across agreements purchased via Market Place
- Report on tagging compliance across all Cloud venues to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams on the policies and guardrails to ensure business is empowered to achieve its objectives with appropriate governance in place to maintain enterprise standards.
We want to make sure you are set for success, so here are some of the skills and experiences we’re keen to see. We understand you might not tick all of them, but we’d still love to hear from you.
- A curious, data driven and analytical mindset
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable way to all stakeholders
- Excellent customer centric communication and interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge and experience with AWS and Azure technologies. (Foundation level)
- Sense of ownership to follow tasks through to completion
- Previous experience in technology and/or finance or data analytics
- Collaborative and continuous improvement mindset; knowledge share, ability to positively influence the team
- Preferable to have experience of Cloud management tools such as AWS cost explorer, Azure Cost Management, Cloudhealth, Cloudability
We recognise we wouldn’t be where we are today without our colleagues, that’s why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
- 9% employee contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- Up to 10% bonus
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- 25 days holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback