Data Analyst – Cloud FinOps
Published: 15th November 2022
Closing Date: 16th December 2022
As a Data Analyst for our Cloud FinOps team, you’ll lead strategic data visualization projects, develop and deliver qualified data to help us make informed business decisions, and have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders in key departments to our business.
What You’ll Do
Data & Analysis
- Manage cloud operations master data, including creation, mining from multiple sources, cleaning and reorganizing, and deletion.
- Interpret data sets, find data trends and patterns valuable for diagnostics, predictive analytics efforts, and achieving business objectives.
- Manage and design the reporting environment based on cloud operations data, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Provide quality assurance of cloud operations data, commission and decommission data sources and data sets.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization, including advocating for adoption of standardized data attributes and processes to improve cloud operations data integrity.
- Participate in the design and maintenance of data systems and databases related to cloud operation, cloud billing, assist with strategic decisions on new systems
- Provide technical expertise in cloud operations data storage architecture, data mining, and data cleansing.
Operations & Billing
- Identify, respond to, troubleshoot, and resolve data related operational and billing issues. Analyze trends to proactively prevent incidents
- Establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, including partners in the Cloud Operations team, Sales, Sales Operations, Corporate Operations, Finance, IT Services, and clients.
- Develop self-service business intelligence capabilities that enable stakeholders to analyze data and create their own data visualizations and reports
- Support other business requirements of stakeholders and ensure data architecture design is scalable, data is accurate, timely, and optimized
What We’re Looking For
- 2 to 5 Years of relevant work experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with Computer Science, MIS, Information Systems, Data Science or related field of study preferred.
- Expert Excel skills, including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, and basic SQL knowledge
- Proficiency in BI Platforms (QuickSight, Tableau, Power BI, others) preferred
- Technical expertise in operational data related storage architectures, data mining, and data cleansing, and statistical modeling techniques
- Proficiency in programming and scripting languages (Python, Java, Bash, Perl, etc.) for data gathering, data cleansing and statistical analysis
- Working knowledge of AWS and Azure data and analytics platforms; AWS cloud billing experience is preferred
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency
- Able to communicate clearly, convey necessary information, and promote ideas persuasively, with all levels of management
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Company: DLT Solutions
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None