FinOps Analyst – (Remote – Western States resident only)
Salary $75-120k based on experience. Entry to mid level position with tremendous opportunity for growth.
We are seeking a junior to mid level FinOps Analyst to join our growing cloud team. As a FinOps Analyst, you will work closely with e360’s team as well as clients to analyze and optimize cloud spend. Your expertise in cloud cost analysis, cloud governance, and public cloud programs will help our clients effectively manage their cloud spend and identify cost-saving opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in public cloud services, FinOps, and a passion for driving financial optimization in cloud environments.
· Conduct comprehensive cloud cost data analysis for client, including cost variance analysis, budgeting, and forecasting to evaluate their cloud cost spend and identify areas for improvement.
· Collaborate with internal and client teams to highlight cost optimization opportunities and streamline cloud cost management processes.
· Assess, analyze and present cloud cost data using native cloud cost management tooling or outside tools such as Big Query and PowerBi to provide visibility into the client’s cloud costs.
· Develop and deliver detailed FinOps reports, presentations, and dashboards to clients, highlighting key findings, cost management insights, and recommended actions to drive cost optimization.
· Work closely with client stakeholders and cross-functional teams to gather data, understand operations, and provide guidance and support.
· Stay abreast of industry trends, cloud program changes, and best practices in cloud cost management, and proactively apply knowledge to deliver high-quality solutions to clients.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, or a related field.
· Proven work experience (2+ years) in FinOps and cloud cost optimization; experience within a consulting firm is a plus.
· FinOps certification or the ability to get one within 6 months of taking the role.
· Knowledge of AWS, Azure, GCP platform technologies as well as pricing structures, discount programs and usage optimization.
· Understanding of cloud cost reporting tools e.g. Cloud Checkr, Cloudability, Finout, AWS Cost Explorer / Cost and Usage Report / Budgets, Azure Cost Management + Billing.
· Knowledge of SQL, Athena, Big Query, PowerBI, QuickSight, Google Looker.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to collect, organize, and interpret complex financial data.
· Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex financial information to clients in a clear and concise manner.
· Proactive and client-focused mindset, with the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with client and internal stakeholders.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
· Detail oriented and curiosity to take on new challenges and build on current skills.
To request a modification to this listing please email firstname.lastname@example.org