Published: 26th October 2022
Closing Date: 31st January 2023
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases – all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 2,700 people worldwide, most now working hybrid or remotely. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and outstanding team. EIS is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. Our mission is to transform lives by providing relevant and reliable information when, where, and how people need it. We are looking for bright and creative individuals whose unique differences will allow us to achieve this inclusive mission around the world.
As a leader within the Cloud Business Office, you’ll be helping EBSCO Information Services accelerate and mature into a cloud-first organization. You’ll be working across the enterprise to define and drive changes which enable EIS to operationalize financial management processes and instill the cultural mindset necessary to operate in an optimized way at scale in AWS. With the strong foundation of support received within our finance and technology organizations, you will be able to make a significant org-wide impact in our overall FinOps maturity.
What You’ll Do
- Drive FinOps value by helping customers in understanding their cloud spend based on their business goals and budget
- Partner with a customer’s business units, engineering, DevOps, financial, and other stakeholders to drive better maturity and realize our FinOps vision
- Provide visibility to FinOps maturity to executive-level stakeholders
- Apply subject matter expertise in the Cost Optimization Pillar of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Leverage Adoption & Change Management principles and experience to improve buy-in and success
- Facilitate planning and help investigate data patterns and anomalies through tools/platform to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions
- Provide reporting on resources within AWS and offer actionable intelligence to right-sizing and optimization efforts.
- Develop and socialize organizational KPIs related to FinOps and cost management.
- Deliver FinOps Diagnostic workshops for customers, analyzing processes and policies, benchmarking maturity, and presenting results
- Provide recommendations and facilitate strategy implementation to help improve a EBSCO’s FinOps maturity
- Partner and build productive working relationships with our internal AWS Consumers (both Application and Cloud Platform teams) to drive transparency, accountability, and optimization and ensure recommendations and priorities are understood by all impacted parties.
- Provide input and tracking of cloud costs to the of overall financial budgets, forecasts and actuals
- Partner with the Cloud Enablement team to define and prioritize improvements to our FinOps, cost management, cost governance and reporting capabilities.
Who You Are
- Self-Directed, Consensus-Builder, Accountable, Data-Driven, Curious, Collaborative
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, computer science, computer engineering, information science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Financial Management with hands-on experience of AWS native and 3rd party cost management tools (Cost Explorer, Cloudability, CloudCheckr, Cloud Custodian, etc.)
- FinOps Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification, or ability to attain within 6 months (will train) is required.
- Minimum 10 years overall experience in an IT finance, technical product management, engineering, and/or architecture role.
- Prior experience working directly with senior leadership within a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to bridge finance and technology
- Strong experience applying cost management and rate reduction tactics at scale (e.g. Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, Spot, Right-Sizing, etc.)
- Prior experience with FinOps Cloud Optimization Framework, AWS Well-Architected Framework and/or Cloud Adoption Framework
- Prior experience driving the maturation of FinOps within a large organization
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and provide insights
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) which recognize audience and communication styles.
- Ability to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment.
Target Annual Salary Range: $130,165 – 185,950. This Pay Target range includes a bonus target of 5% of base salary. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors including your skills, qualifications, education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location. EBSCO provides a generous benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a retirement savings plan, paid parental leave, holidays and paid time off (PTO), as well as tuition reimbursement. View more about EBSCO’s benefits here: https://www.ebsco.com/about/benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
- Company: EBSCO Information Services
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- Salary: $130,165 - 185,950
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner