We are looking for an experienced technologist and leader in our Platform Architecture practice for our public-cloud (AWS) platform domain. This role will help drive our strategy with account management, platform management, implicit policy and frictionless governance in AWS.
Platform Architects are Lean-Agile leaders who work across the organization, partnering with development teams, enterprise and system architects, product management, and leadership to help drive architectural alignment in support of EBSCO’s cloud-first mission. They are focused on both near-term support on tactical challenges, and evaluations in support of building architectural runway for the platform’s roadmap.
- Contribute with the platform architecture team to develop architectural runway, create proofs of concept, design cloud platform solutions and consult with other in the enterprise.
- Partner with engineering teams, product managers and the community of architects to identify patterns and platform enablers across the organization.
- Collaborate with other architects in the technical areas of Security, Networking, Infrastructure, Account Management, and Platform Tooling.
- Design services and solutions in AWS using infrastructure as code with a strong emphasis on standardization and reusability.
- Engage the AWS Enterprise support and account teams on AWS roadmap, feedback, technical, governance and architectural topics.
- Create presentations, white papers, training material, FAQs, etc. covering a wide range of AWS services, best practices, and solutions.
- Contribute to reference architectures for EBSCO’s cloud platforms that meet the needs of our business initiatives and help inform/influence the platform evolution roadmaps.
- Drive alignment on the organization’s long-range plans and support the migration between reference architectures.
- Challenge existing architectures to improve security, cost, resiliency, performance and reliability.
- Engage with the internal development community to guide, inform and influence the architectural alignment of our technology platform.
- Effectively communicate our infrastructure strategy, benefits of technology and platform capabilities to business partners, stakeholders and senior management.
- Participate in and contribute to architecture design reviews and CoPs.
- Promote a culture of feedback loops, trust and partnership with our internal community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- 2+ years in a on a cloud or platform architecture team.
- 5+ years software engineering experience in production environments, with distributed applications.
- 5+ years’ experience architecting/developing/maintaining cloud solutions in virtualized environments.
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS services, with 3+ years’ experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS products and services and 2+ years’ experience in designing, deploying and running AWS solutions in a complex environment – from server-based infrastructure to serverless
- Hands-on experience with the following concepts: AWS Landing Zone, AWS Control Tower and AWS multi-account strategy
- Deep understanding of cloud native design, and K8S/EKS and related technologies; AWS certifications.
- Conversant with Infrastructure as Code, Configuration as Code, GitOps, Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment (CI/CD) practices and tools (GitHub, Jenkins, Atlantis, Ansible, Packer, Python, CloudFormation/Terraform, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to EKS, ECS, EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, API Gateway, ALB, Route 53, Transit Gateway, IAM, AWS Config, etc.
- AWS – Solutions Architect Certification
- Hands on experience with container management
- Experience in AWS cost optimization or as part of a FinOps team
- Experience with the AWS Well Architected Framework
- A background designing for and achieving compliance (HIPAA, ISO27001, FEDRAMP)
- Can write high-quality code in a programming language (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, Go) that addresses real-world engineering problems.
- A sense of urgency, and a strong bias for action.
- Strong communication skills and a natural inclination to collaborate.
- Knowledge of one or more project management technologies (Rally, Jira, etc.).
- Exhibits sound judgement and is able to make wise decisions despite ambiguity, identifies root causes and gets beyond treating symptoms.
Target Annual Salary Range: $164,410 – $234,875. This Pay Target range includes a bonus target of 5% of base salary. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors including your skills, qualifications, education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location. EBSCO provides a generous benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a retirement savings plan, paid parental leave, holidays and paid time off (PTO), as well as tuition reimbursement. View more about EBSCO’s benefits here: https://www.ebsco.com/about/benefits