Candidates must be authorized to work in the US without current or future sponsorship requirements.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Container Platform Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for Platform Engineering of various Cloud Native Kubernetes platforms like EKS, GKE, AKS, and OpenShift at Enterprise Scale.
Primary duties include but are not limited to :
– Build highly scalable Enterprise container platforms using Cloud Native Kubernetes distributions like EKS, GKE, AKS, and OpenShift
– Create Blueprints to standardize Control Plane, Node Pool, and Addons across all Kubernetes distribution using IaC tools like Terraform or Crossplane
– Implement GitOps principle to centralize the enterprise-wide cluster provisioning and day 2 life cycle management.
– Provide Kubernetes native CI/CD tools like Tekton, ArgoCD, Flux, Flagger or Argo Rollout.
– Implement Policy engines like OPA Gatekeeper or Kyverno to enforce Container best practices like CIS Benchmarks and other organizational policies.
– Implement Namespace vending automation through GitOps and implement Muti-tenancy best practices within cluster.
– Perform Well Architected and Container Lens review for Application hosted on containerized platforms to improve performance, reliability, security, operational excellence and cost optimization.
– Implement container observability stack like Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd, Splunk, Istio/Linkerd, Datadog across all clusters.
– Implement Container cost visibility and optimization tools like KubeCost, Cloudability, Goldilocks or Harness across the clusters.
– Design and Implement various Ingress controllers, load balancers and network policies to meet various enterprise application needs.
– Implementation of various security tools on container platforms like Vault and Twistlock to improve the application security.
– Implementation and management of Container registries like Quay, ECR, Artifact registry, ACR etc.
– Implement software supply chain best practices like image signing, SBOMs, and Binary authorization.
– Implementation of DR & BCP controls using storage management solutions like Velero to meet the RPO/RTO needs of stateful and stateless application on the clusters.
– Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
– Minimum of 10 years in one or more of the following: information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management required;
– Significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required;
– Broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems;
– Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
– Minimum 3 years of hand-on experience with automation scripting on python, terraform, ansible, bash, and powershell.
– Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with multiple Kubernetes platforms like EKS, GKE, AKS, and OpenShift.
– Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience designing and developing applications on AWS or GCP or Azure.
– Hands on experience and expertise with Ingress controllers like ALB ingress controller, Nginx, Envoy, Contour etc.
– Expertise in and hands on experience with service mesh frameworks like Istio, Linkerd, Consul or AppMesh.
– Experience with DevOps , including continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) for container workloads using Jenkins or ArgoCD or Tekton or Flux.
– Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including cloud engineering, networking and cloud security.
– Cloud certifications on AWS, GCP and Azure are plus
– Kubernetes certifications like CKA, CKD or CKS are plus
– Strong leadership skills, with the ability to mentor and guide junior developers
To request a modification to this listing please email firstname.lastname@example.org