At Ellucian, we believe in the transformative power of education and our cloud solutions are central to powering that transformation for colleges and universities around the world. The FinOps team supports the development and sustainability of Ellucian’s cloud solutions through carefully defined governance and controls that foster organizational accountability through cross-functional collaboration, visibility, and shared responsibility of Ellucian resources and costs. The Ellucian FinOps team measures success by predictable and scalable costs that take advantage of the business drivers of cloud and the variable cost models of cloud deployments.
Where you will make an impact:
- Ensure successful outcomes through leadership and support on various FinOps projects and initiatives that support the team’s mission to bring visibility, accountability, and governance to Ellucian’s cloud spend.
- Provide insight and operational support for Ellucian’s FinOps strategy and goals.
- Drive the implementation of various FinOps domains, including but not limited to, cloud usage and cost, performance tracking and benchmarking, decision making, rate optimization, usage optimization, and organizational alignment.
- Utilize cloud financial management and FinOps tools to support operational and project requirements.
- Create dashboards and reports for cloud cost consumption and optimization tracking within areas of responsibility.
- Partner with key stakeholders from across the organization (cloud engineering/operations, finance, product, R&D, sales) to enable and support FinOps practices within their day-to-day operations.
- Identify blockers, challenges, and opportunities related to FinOps goals for realizing value, savings, and efficiency.
What you will bring:
- Ellucian is seeking an Associate FinOps Analyst with strong analytical and problem solving skills, a growth mindset, proactive self-driven initiative, and the ability to work well within a team.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in FinOps, Cloud Optimization, Engineering/Development Operations, or Financial/Business Analysis.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Good working knowledge of public cloud infrastructure platforms/technology: AWS preferred.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organization and influence leadership.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the position.
- Detail oriented with excellent documentation skills/methodologies, who is able to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- AWS Cloud Certification
- FinOps Foundation Certified Practitioner
- Experience with operational monitoring and tracking of key P/L drivers such as labor, infrastructure, licensing, or third-party costs.