At Emirates, we believe in connecting the world, to and through, our global hub in Dubai; and in constantly innovating to ensure our customers ‘Fly Better’. Our FinOps team, based within IT Performance & Insights, makes this possible by identifying cloud cost optimisation opportunities and by establishing enterprise-wide policies, cloud onboarding processes and corporate governance for our global, multi-cloud ecosystem. Join us in cosmopolitan Dubai as a FinOps Analyst and help Emirates Group to make data-driven technology decisions that create maximum business value.
As the FinOps Analyst you will be responsible for supporting the adoption of enterprise-wide cloud adoption with a focus on FinOps framework, principles and optimisation in line with the agreed FinOps strategy. You will collaborate with various key stakeholders and teams to maximize the business value on cloud consumption and to enable best practices and efficient cloud usage across the group.
What You’ll Do
- Execute and support the Cloud Cost Management strategy built on the core principles of the FinOps model considering all the different necessities, needs and points of view within a complex Enterprise grade multi-cloud multi-disciplinary mission critical scenario.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with various department and support functions to provide expert knowledge on cloud usage/spend and to build awareness and education of FinOps practices, platform and capabilities.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical members (e.g., Finance, Procurement) to develop cost-effective cloud solutions with a technical and commercial lens.
- Collaborate with the IT engineering teams (cloud Engineering and Cloud Platform teams) to implement policies and controls that support an efficient cloud usage/spend through various means including automation.
- Implement and enforce best practices with “cost-wise” savviness to help create a strong Cost Cloud Governance framework analysing Cloud consumption, identifying cost optimization opportunities, and recommending cloud cost reduction measures from a budgetary and current perspective.
- Provide trends for actuals vs budgets and forecasts. Guide cost analysis processes by establishing guardrails, enforcing policies and procedures, and recommending actions.
- Create and maintain dashboard and customized reports to enable data-driven decisions on cost and to maximize business value of the multi-cloud platform and improve cloud practices.
- Analyse and process billing data coming from the different Cloud providers and provide suggestions in how to take advance of different cloud offerings using Saving Plans, Reserved Instances and Spot instances.
Qualifications & Experience
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Degree or Honours in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Economics.
- 5+ Years of hands-on experience with optimising infrastructure or on Cloud Computing, Cloud Implementation and Migration (AWS, Azure, VMware, GCP) or 3-5+ years of business finance in cloud management
- Experience with at least two major Public Cloud Providers in the cost management area (e.g., AWS or Azure)
- Hands-on experience in Cloud Financial Management tools (e.g., Cloud ability, Cloud Health, native cost modules from CSPs, etc…)
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing, Cloud Implementation and Migration (AWS, Azure, VMware, GCP)
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining the broader, analytical perspective.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting at any level and specifically with senior management & leadership team
- Goal oriented with a sharp delivery focus and attitude.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- Professional Certification on FinOps, Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP), Cloud Financial Management Tools, DevOps, DevOps related Tools, Systems Administration Networking, Cloud, Agile, SAFe, etc
- Published Blogs, Articles, contributions to Open Forums
- Representation in Technical forums
Leadership Role: No
Salary and Benefits We started out in 1985 with just two aircraft and handful of enthusiastic people. Now we have a team of over 60,000 and one of the largest fleets in the world. You could be part of our story and join us in our home city, Dubai. You’ll earn a tax-free salary and enjoy a competitive package of benefits. Our cosmopolitan team is built by people from over 160 nations. But wherever we’re from, there’s one thing we all share – a passion for travel. Our airline connects people to new places, experiences and cultures in 160 cities across six continents, and our route network is growing all the time. We have the only fleet of just A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft in the world, and we’ve won multiple awards for our on board experience. We’re looking for people from across the globe to join our team in a vast range of areas. Be part of Emirates and help us to create the future of travel. Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.