About the job
Empyrean is looking for a Cloud Financial Analyst to support the growth of Cloud Financial Management as part of our Cloud Transformation. Cloud Financial Management (CFM) is a discipline focused on transforming the way technology costs are managed by enabling teams to make more informed decisions about their cloud spend. Within the Cloud Center of Excellence, the FinOps team is responsible for setting the direction of CFM and financial accountability for Empyrean’s cloud platforms. The FinOps team works to effectively managed the variability of cloud spend and ensure we are optimizing our resources to encourage innovation and deliver the most value for the business.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide financial oversight and management of cloud spend across Empyrean’s technology teams
- Perform FinOps operational activities related to managing cloud costs including cost anomaly analysis, cloud cost management solution administration and supporting AWS Account Owners to track and align to their budgets
- Analyze cloud spend per account/team/environment to understand trends, to inform budget planning and business decisions about technology spend
- Create cost estimates for applications running in the cloud, in partnership with technology owners and engineers
- Ensure alignment across technology, finance and business teams for activities related to Cloud Financial Management, including tagging, guardrails, best practices, and requirements
- Develop documentation, reports, and communication for technology, finance, and business teams to understand how to manage their cloud costs
- Identify potential cost optimization opportunities and partner with engineers to address
- Able to take abstract requirements and execute, refining along the way
- Maintain Show Back and Charge Back mappings through code for cloud costs
- Create communications and reports for ET & ELT leadership on cloud costs
Required Skills And Abilities
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week.
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-4 hours per day.
- Ability to perform simple grasping including handwriting, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, etc. periodically throughout entire workday.
- Analytical mindset and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Understanding of the AWS cloud platform, service pricing models, how to perform usage estimates and forecasting
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Experience in or ability to learn financial modeling and analysis of large-scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments
- Ability and willingness to mentor and coach other associates, seeks opportunities for continuous self-improvement
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, multi-task, and prioritize deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
Knowledge, Experience And/Or Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline, but not required, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 2+ years of related finance, business analysis, cloud spending analysis, and cost optimization experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Word processing, Excel spreadsheet, and other related software applications.
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis.
Disclaimer: Managers have the right to assign or redesign the responsibilities of the above mentioned job description without notice and at any time