Purpose of Job
The FinOps Engineer is responsible tracking usage of Azure resources and build dashboards around it. He/she will ensure EQB is not breaching threshold for azure resources and will identify ways to minimize wastage and reducing bill. The person will also be responsible building dashboard for application team to monitor performance and logs. He/she will ensure that all anomalies in invoice are triaged and addressed in a timely manner. In addition, He/she will work with CloudOps, Cloud Platform and Devops team to track usage and implement Azure recommendations for Cost, security and performance.
- Uses Azure billing data, Cost API, PowerBI and other tools to gather azure billing and usage data and builds real-time dashboards to tracks it.
- Monitors Azure recommendations and take actions to improve cost, security and performance of public cloud.
- Participate in capacity planning and rightsizing, tagging and storage lifecycle policies, and automation.
- Builds and maintain Azure DevOps Pipelines to automate data gathering and processing.
- Builds Dashboards in ELK for application monitoring and act as interface between cloud platform and application team for application monitoring needs.
- Will we creating framework to monitor Azure cloud for any anomalies in terms of pricing and report back to concern team.
- Will be working on charge back model for Azure cloud and provide visibility of usage of resources by various teams and project
- 1+ year Experience working on cost management with public Cloud Service Providers, Azure experience is an asset
- Good to have 2+ years of Azure experience.
- Proficient in gathering information from various sources, analyzing, and presenting
- Some experience or exposure with capacity planning and rightsizing, tagging and storage lifecycle policies, and automation
- Experience creating cost optimization models with technical teams that utilize cloud services
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Ability to develop Real-time cloud cost and consumption dashboards
- Demonstrated experience with cost optimization
- Practical knowledge of public cloud service provider cost management capabilities and pricing models
- Experience in cloud expense management using FinOps disciplines (Azure platform experience preferred)
- Exposure to ELK Dashboard creation is an asset.
- Familiarity with cost structure of Azure products and services is an asset
- Sound understanding of contemporary development and operations practices, technologies, and methodologies.
- Familiar with Infrastructure-as-Code, container-based development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Awareness of hardware, O/S and SDLC tools such as: Windows VMs, Linux VMs, Docker Containers, Kubernetes , Mulesoft, Java, Java Spring, Springboot, API gateways, GitLab, JIRA, Confluence is an asset.
What we offer [For full-time permanent roles]
- 💰 Competitive discretionary bonus
- ✨ Market leading RRSP match program
- 🩺 Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Employee Share Purchase Plan
- 👶🏽 Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
- 🎓 Annual professional development allowance and a comprehensive Career Development program
- 💛 A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
The incumbent will be working hybrid and in office time will be spent working from Equitable Bank’s additional office space located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, ON.