Are you passionate about travel? Do you believe global travel is important for trust, understanding, and empathy among people? At Expedia Group (EG), we are the world’s travel platform, and our purpose is to bring the world within reach. Our
Cloud Center of Excellence underpins all of Expedia Group cloud operations to provide consultation, governance and optimizations guidelines to EG development teams. Our Cloud Center of Excellence Finance Optimization team seeks a Senior Cloud Finance Analyst who will w ork within the Cloud FinOps team to identify Cost Optimisation Opportunities and inform the business and technical owners . Working alongside other members of the FinOps team you will be identifying consumption trends, detecting anomalies in usage, optimisation opportunities and creating custom capacity reports and dashboards to be delivered to internal stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Evaluate historical cloud spend to identify patterns and opportunities for cost reduction or optimization.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis to assess cloud spend risks and opportunities.
- Work within the Cloud FinOps team to identify Cost Optimisation Opportunities and inform the business and technical owners. Including but not limited to Rightsizing, Reservations, Savings Plans, Wastage Removal, technology upgrades.
- Implement and configure cost visibility dashboards and prepare ad hoc financial analysis
- Engage with stakeholders across engineering teams to help with cost optimisation opportunities
- Evangelising Cloud, DevOps and FinOps best practices by openly and honestly showcasing cost conscious technical solutions, reporting techniques and methods in search of simple, elegant and cost-effective business solutions
- Contribute to internal and external cost optimization initiatives
Who You Are
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Cloud FinOps/Cloud spend optimization
- Relevant experience in ongoing cloud cost optimization, cost reporting and attribution, and cloud cost control framework development
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills with hands-on experience on cloud demand forecasting, cost optimization, capacity planning, cloud utilization and cost savings strategy development (e.g., rightsizing, instance optimization, storage tiering, managed services migration and waste elimination)
- Some knowledge and experience with AWS (Foundation level)
- Experience visualizing data and familiar with business intelligence tools, preferably Tableau
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms and clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical staff
- Experience with SQL and other query languages is a plus
- Experience working with remote team is a plus
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in business, finance, IT or analytics; MBA/engineering degree preferred