The Cloud FinOps Analyst will work with a wide range of stakeholders to promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness for Experian’s cloud consumption. Key areas the role will support, include financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting, consumption analysis and KPIs, showback, analytics, and capacity.
Cloud Financial Management
- Support the cloud monthly budget and forecast process in managing consumption, showback, and savings in collaboration with accounting, finance, and technical owners.
- Support stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend based on their business roadmap and budgeted forecast.
- Monitor cloud consumption at the account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes.
- Analyze, report, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools, data lake, CMDB, and other asset inventories as applicable.
- Collaborate with Cost Optimization Engineers to track resource utilization to define and execute relevant cloud commitment plans and to define strategies to re-purpose freed up capacity.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the multi cloud landscape.
- Evaluate and investigate data patterns to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions.
- Participate in business case development, cost modeling, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and trade-off exercises.
- Participate in automating, integrating, and maturing the Cloud FinOps team’s processes and data.
- Support in developing a team with skills required to transition Experian into an organization which has best-in-class approach to technology vendor/partner management and achieves best-in-class results.
- Participate and heavily contribute to a cross functional project teams, located in multiple global locations.
- Act as a trusted advisor and challenging business partner to assigned internal stakeholders.
- Train other team members.
- Influence key IT stakeholders to factor commercial implications of IT decisions for whole of Experian.
Success Measures for the Role
- Drive achievement of best-in-class technology cost performance.
- Develop and maintain strong and mutually supportive relationships with internal partners, to ensure joint objectives are achieved.
- Play a key role in leading Experian through technology transformation, leveraging appropriate change management practices and skills.
- Significant growth potential in this role, given scope of transformation to be delivered in next two years.
- Beyond the current role, next step likely to be Demand Manager, Vendor Manager, or Cloud Cost Management SME.