Your Future as a Cloud FinOps Analyst at Exstratus
Exstratus is seeking candidates with a deep passion for technology and a desire to grow into a technical management role in the field of cloud computing.
This may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, if you…
- … feel you may want to step into a leadership role someday, but don’t know how to start exploring your fit for it
- … know that you want to lead technical teams, but feel like you lack the opportunities within your current role to develop management skills and explore new responsibilities
- … would find communicating directly with client executives, driving program development, and owning customer success to be an exciting challenge!
Our Cloud FinOps Analyst role is a great fit for someone wanting a springboard into a technical management career. If you’re smart, good with numbers, have a thirst for learning, and already know how to use basic analysis tools like spreadsheets, then you may be perfect for a role as a Cloud FinOps Analyst at Exstratus! And analysts with strong interpersonal skills and a knack for managing details across teams may have the opportunity to become our program leaders of the future, running multi-million-dollar cloud financial management programs for companies of all sizes — from high-growth startups to Fortune 500 organizations.
Exstratus executes cloud cost management programs for companies worldwide, as part of our unique model delivering a comprehensive FinOps program as a service. We help companies spending millions of dollars per year on their computing infrastructure to create customer value through FinOps, DevOps, and Cloud Architecture best practices.
The Cloud FinOps Analyst is responsible for collection and analysis of Cloud/SaaS billing and utilization data to identify opportunities to optimize return on investment in Cloud/SaaS services. This will include work like the following:
- Access and analyze large volumes of statistical and numerical output from proprietary tools, cloud billing files, utilization metrics, and SaaS billing APIs
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency or reduce rates paid for customers on services
- Prepare materials to explain the recommended changes, including analysis summary spreadsheets, charts, and other visual presentation materials
- Show the results of the work – both in dollars saved and return-on-investment payback
When the Analyst does this successfully and repeatedly, a client organization saves thousands or millions of dollars.
- Deliver work on-time and complete as directed by a Lead FinOps Analyst
- Continuously analyze clients’ infrastructure and identify the most effective cost-savings opportunities
- Communicate directly with clients via text-based chat and voice channels
- Collaborate with Lead FinOps Analyst on data/analysis quality control and presentation
- Maintain detailed databases of clients’ infrastructure and all potential and executed savings
- Collaborate with internal team to provide feedback on current processes and tools
Ideal Candidate Profile
Desired personality traits
- Optimizer or “neat freak” by nature
- Attention to detail and naturally inquisitive and analytical, bordering on the extreme
- Very comfortable working with large data sets and statistics to find patterns and opportunities
- Meticulously organized and adaptable to a non-stop, ever-changing flow of work
- Superior communication skills – verbal and written, but especially written
- Confident communicating in a deeply technical arena with programmers, engineers, and systems administrators who may be significantly more knowledgeable than you – and who also need to be convinced of your unique value to them
- Diligent, “never give up” attitude
- Self-starter who can proactively take action on identified action items
- Interest in contributing content ideas and material on topics related to our areas of core subject matter expertise (your ideas and material will go out with your name on it, while being promoted by the company – a great opportunity to build your industry visibility!)
Recommended skills & knowledge
- Strong math and numerical reasoning skills. Working with numbers (with a calculator or in spreadsheets) will be a core part of the job.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with spreadsheets (e.g., Excel or Google Sheets)
- Proficiency in the use of standard office applications (e.g., Microsoft Office suite or Google Apps suite)
- Familiarity with basic computer systems concepts (CPU, RAM/physical memory, virtual memory, drive storage, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern computer systems architectures and components (web servers, API’s, databases, file servers, networking, etc.)
Bonus skills & knowledge
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and web-based code repository management (git/GitHub, or similar)
- Any knowledge of public cloud computing platforms (especially Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- 100% remote work (we are a fully remote company, it’s not a temporary measure!)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan with an unconditional 3% company contribution (this is not a match – you get it whether you contribute or not!)
IMPORTANT: Due to the volume of candidates we receive for this position, we require candidates to complete the requested assessments. This helps us more quickly hone in on the candidates whose skills align with the position. If you have not completed the assessments within 12 hours of applying, we will reject your application.